Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm looking to join a Gaelic Football Team in Wexford Town

Options
  • 14-06-2018 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hello,

As the title states, I'm looking to join a Gaelic Football Team in Wexford. I'm currently 22 years old, average build and decent fitness. I'm more or so looking for a Junior team as I don't see myself being good enough to play any higher (Haven't played in a good while).

I'm just looking to see if anyone knows any teams looking for players my age, that would take me on? All I see is mainly u16 and under teams looking for players, so just wondering if my chances are gone now.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Hi,
    There are a few football teams in Wex town. Some have 2 adult teams, higher level and Junior.

Sarsfields and Volunteers play in Pairc Garman, just outside town.

St. Mary of Maudlintown play in an area called the rocks near Maudlintown.

St. Josephs Bishopswater, have pitch near Whiterock Hill.

There is also Clonard GAA club, but im not sure if they have a football team this year or its just hurling.

You'll find all these clubs on Facebook or have their own websites. Im sure they'll take on new players.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

I'm sure any one of those four clubs would welcome you. To the best of my knowledge, all four have teams at Junior 'B' level as well as whatever higher grade they play in (i.e. senior or intermediate). And I played Junior B football in Wexford myself for many years, so can tell you there's a place for just about everybody!!!

I have a copy of the club contacts book that the Wexford GAA board put out each year. Can send you numbers for junior managers in all those clubs if you're interested. Just send me a PM and we'll go from there.

Advertisement