Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No enquiries - help me out!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Issue is selling private anything 10k or more in price.

What's price like compared to dealers??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭PGE1970

About 3k-4k less punisher. Only 2 others of that year on DD and both at €14995.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I still think the easiest thing to do is ask the dealer would they buy it back.

I see it has Blackstone plate surrounds on it, if dealers are selling them for €15k~ you'd have no bother finding one to buy it back of you for €10-11k.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

PGE1970 wrote: »
    About 3k-4k less punisher. Only 2 others of that year on DD and both at €14995.

I remember a few weeks ago you were asking how to go about selling it. I was expecting to click on and see it selling for 12,500-13k.

Car looks in great shape. In the 2nd and 3rd pic it looks like theres a dent in the boot. This is only a trick of the light as it's straight in following pics.

If it was me and wanted/needed it gone I'd do the pics again (better camera in more forgiving light) and I'd take off the religious medal.
    If there's still no interest then it'd plan B- contact an auction house and have it gone and move on with life.

But it's got a few toys, 3xisofix and isn't ugly. If it was auto I'd be up looking at it.

**edit** Toyotafanboi's idea would be my 2nd port of call.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,123 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Ended up in the same situation last year, couldn't sell Dad's private the delaler he bought it off was the only one to give a half decent offer but it was a huge haircut on a 12mt old car, Mam decided to keep driving it and sold her's instead as it wasn't as new is that an option? Didn't get any bites trying to sell it privately even though well under the nearest one from a dealership. There's something about vat on second hand cars from a dealer so they'll give you less than you'd expect.
    Crap state of affairs, was hard to even drive it over to delaler to see would he buy it, nearly broke down in the sales office. Keep the head up, tuff time.

• Advertisement

€26/27K new ............. always a struggle to get 40% of that back privately after 4.5 years.

The GFMV on lots of quite tasty stuff is 40 odd % after 3 years :)

.........just spotted the Louth reg, what would one landed from the North cost?
    Selling privately anywhere near the border is mission impossible surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Badger2009

I don't know much about the market for that type of car but could it be the lack of enquiries is just down to a smallish number of buyers?

The ad looks OK to me and price seems reasonable. A lot of people go to the UK and spend more with little or no comeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭chicorytip

PGE1970 wrote:
    The ad is up a couple of weeks and not one enquiry! I know that it is early days but is there something wrong with the ad/price?

The photographs are poor. They look like they were taken in the late evening. Take some in the middle of the day - better light. The interior shots are too narrow. Stand outside the car with the doors open and get a couple of good, wide shots of the whole interior as well as one of the dashboard with the ignition switched on and the mileage displayed. Change the title of the ad. Omit the words Xmod and Bose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Thanks folks,

I'll change the photos and take out the medal!

There's no dents and bodywork is 100% so I've noted that it might appear that way - that's reason enough to change the photos!

Other than that, I'll call the dealer. This was my last resort as I expect that they won't offer much but there you go!

Thanks again for replies, it's very much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,171 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If your not in a hurry to sell then I'd hold tight. Remember the time of year, people are mostly planning their holidays so not focused on buying cars at the moment. Also it's a family car which would appeal to people with kids, generally these people tend to use them for the school run so closer to the new school year in late August or early September then interest might pick up.

Advertisement