Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

i30 V ceed v megane Estate

Options
  • 14-06-2018 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Looking at a medium sized estate.
    Have narrowed it down to the 3 above in 1.6 dsl.
    Any obvious preference?
    Need a big boot....reliability and air con!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Don't know about the others, but the Megane Estate has a pretty good boot and the current generation are pretty reliable, there's no broad issues with the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Drove a rented Ceed estate while abroad recently and was quite impressed with it. Apparently they are pretty reliable too. I've heard the Gardaí aren't impressed with the i30 in terms of reliability. Can't comment on the megane.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,415 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

How new are you looking. Def 1.6 and not 1.5 on the Megane?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Circa 2010-11 1.5 dci in the megane 1.6 in the others. Just need a not do big car with a big enough boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,415 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I’d nearly go the Megane. It’s just that bit more comfortable.

• Advertisement

Cheers.
    This is the megane I was considering
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/18757425

Thoughts??

Cheers.
    This is the megane I was considering
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/18757425

Thoughts??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

That shape Mégane estate are very comfortable was looking at buying a 12 last year and was really impressed the one I drove was the GT line spec.

That's great value for money to be fair ,looks good mileage is normal as well.
    Not sure though on image11 does the front bumper look a different shade to the bonnet now it could be the lights or I'm on mobile as well could be that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

colm_mcm wrote:
    I’d nearly go the Megane. It’s just that bit more comfortable.

From what year did the Megane become more reliable. Would this be the same for all Renaults.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

From what year did the Megane become more reliable. Would this be the same for all Renaults.

As a general rule anything from 07/08 onwards is decent enough

• Advertisement
Advertisement