Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fuel Cap Seal

Options
  • 13-06-2018 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hello all!

Very random piece I didnt realise my car had until it failed the NCT.
    Its the rubber part inside the fuel cap, anyone know if I can just pick up one of these and do it myself or how I go about it?
    Any help would be lovely

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Bmw123d

Ballboy wrote: »
    Hello all!

Very random piece I didnt realise my car had until it failed the NCT.
    Its the rubber part inside the fuel cap, anyone know if I can just pick up one of these and do it myself or how I go about it?
    Any help would be lovely

Thanks

Well let’s jist start hear
    This is what we require no one knows what ur car is or anything.

Make
    Model
    Year
    Fuel type

And of course maybe the post should of went something like this
    Hi guys my car is a 2008 bmw 123d 2litre twin turbo diesel.
    The car fault the nct for the seal is gone on the fuel tank cap.
    Is it possible to replace the seal of the cap.

Now don’t get me wrong I don’t really think much of the nct guys I think it’s a massive scam. They regularly get things wrong we actually always used to do let’s say they failed a car on a wishbone ball joint but it wasn’t that it was actually the subframe bush that was gone we used to do the work that the car needed as apossed to what the nct said it needed as it was wrong. That was until they started failing them again because we didn’t fit what the said. Even tho it was clear what part failed. So we would of explained this to the customers which in turn caused the customers more money because they needed a new wish bone which is what the nct said(but it didn’t need it) and we actually had to replace the worn part that was actually gone.
    So we ended up after learning this just replacing what the said was gone then they would pass it. Imagine having to explain to a customer that we did the work that the nct failed the car on and it passed but ur car actually needs part x in order to make it safe. U can c how that conversation would go.
    I actually don’t rate a lot of the testers at all. Sorry that’s my rant over.

Anyways I don’t think I’ve ever seen a car fail a nct for that problem u have but I guess they do. I’m sure u can just order the seal and grease it up and fit it and away u go. Or if not worst case scenario would be u need a new fuel tank cap prob about 30 quid which will come fitted on the new cap.

Sorry for the long post. Any further questions just ask pal

Advertisement