Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vehicle tracking solutions

Options
  • 13-06-2018 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I notice that the vehicle tracking providers lack pricing on their websites.

Has anyone a recommendation for vehicle tracking in Ireland ?

Would I be better off with an Android phone running some code and hidden underneath the dash ??

Thanks in advance,
    Fionn

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mod:This is a Motor question - not an Entrepreneur and Business one...

Moving to the relevant location

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

Let's see how it does in Motors.
    I'm looking for a fleet solution with good after sales service and competitive pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Could www.munstergps.ie be of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

biko wrote: »
    Could www.munstergps.ie be of interest?

One of their trackers for €165 which comes with a years credit (which they value at about €35), can be bought online for €35. It's also from a Chinese manufacturer. I could be wrong though!

I believe OSI has a tracker in his GTI?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,209 ✭✭✭Goose81

I have one of these on my bike and it's great

https://www.rewiresecurity.co.uk/db1-lite-compact-gps-tracker-tracking-device

It's 65 pounds or so with a years subscription and an app and then it's only 20 pounds a year after for sub. You use pay as you go credit , 20 quid should last a year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Goose81 wrote: »
    I have one of these on my bike and it's great

https://www.rewiresecurity.co.uk/db1-lite-compact-gps-tracker-tracking-device

It's 65 pounds or so with a years subscription and an app and then it's only 20 pounds a year after for sub. You use pay as you go credit , 20 quid should last a year
    Do you know anywhere that would fit this?
    I had someone follow me for about 20 minutes even though drove around in circles twice so a bit paranoid now.

deceit wrote: »
    I had someone follow me for about 20 minutes even though drove around in circles twice so a bit paranoid now.

What you driving ?
    Should have drove to the cop shop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,209 ✭✭✭Goose81

deceit wrote: »

If imagine any mechanic could mate, I fitted mine myself but it's extremely simple.

Positive and negative, you could wire it to the cigarette lighter. Any mechanic could do it for you in a few mins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

What you driving ?
    Should have drove to the cop shop
    Mk7 Golf R
    Never thought of that.

Advertisement