Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus Mk2 petrol - cone filter vs panel filter

Options
  • 11-06-2018 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine has a 2007 Ford Focus 1.4 Petrol. The air box has cracked and he needs to replace it. It has the cone style air filter.

We have rang around many breakers and anyone that has a 1.4 petrol focus for breaking only has the panel type air filter box. A second hand air box was even ordered as it looked exactly the same in the pictures, but the air inlet pipe didn't fit when it arrived as it was for a panel filter type.

My question is, has anyone come across this before? Did the Focus come with 2 different types of air filter housing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm fairly sure cone is always after-market.
    You should be able to see the fittings for the air box in the engine bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Focus changed from rectangular panel filter to round cylindrical type filter in 2007. If you get the parts from a 08 car they should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Pops_20

Focus changed from rectangular panel filter to round cylindrical type filter in 2007. If you get the parts from a 08 car they should work.

Exactly what I need to know. Thanks George!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ah ok I misunderstood as OP said "cone"

Panel filter (factory)
    s-l640.jpg

Round filter (also factory)
    GENUINE-FORD-FOCUS-Mk3-23-RS-0715-350HP.jpg

Cone (aftermarket)
    2012-05-14164459.jpg

Advertisement