Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW e60 iDrive CCC repair?

Options
  • 10-06-2018 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Pulled in to fill the tank yesterday and when I restarted the car, the iDrive screen just flashed with lines though it and went back to a black screen with a re-boot sound. This happened on a loop for the entire 20 minute journey home. When I got back into the car again an hour later it was back working fine and has been since.

Looking online it seems a common enough problem on e60s and can cost anywhere from a couple hundred to over a grand to repair/replace depending on what exactly is wrong. Just wondering if anyone knows a place that could take a look and fix it for a reasonable price?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Bmw123d

It’s quite common but have changed quite afew of them. No point in putting a second hand unit into it because they all suffer the same fate. If u want it right ur just going to have to buy a new unit for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

BBA remanufacturing may repair the issue if you send them the modules, they do some work on these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Found a place online that you send them the whole unit and they repair it within 3 business days and post it back to you for €250ish. Worth a punt? Really could do without shelling out a grand at the minute for a new unit from BMW.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Duff wrote: »
    Found a place online that you send them the whole unit and they repair it within 3 business days and post it back to you for €250ish. Worth a punt? Really could do without shelling out a grand at the minute for a new unit from BMW.

if they're reputable and will warranty the repair then yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

They offer a years warranty and have plenty of good reviews from what I can see. Think i'll chance it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I've seen some companies selling aftermarket screens, which run there own OS that show all the same data as BMW. Half the price of a BMW part. Worth a look if your on a budget.

https://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw-5-series-e60-e61/connecteddrive-retrofits/vividscreen

Advertisement