Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Collinite 845 stockist or substitute?

Options
  • 09-06-2018 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭

I have been looking for a bottle of Collinite 845 but have been finding out its out of stock almost everywhere I look even online, does anyone know a shop in Ireland that has it in stock?
    Or failing that a good substitute that will protect the camper for three weeks of European travel and insect deposits?
    I'm not fussed on gloss but want protection and ease of cleaning primarily.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,514 ✭✭✭✭vectra

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I have been looking for a bottle of Collinite 845 but have been finding out its out of stock almost everywhere I look even online, does anyone know a shop in Ireland that has it in stock?
    Or failing that a good substitute that will protect the camper for three weeks of European travel and insect deposits?
    I'm not fussed on gloss but want protection and ease of cleaning primarily.

Collinite 476 is basically the paste version of 845. A bit trickier to use apparently.

Would you consider Soft99 Fusso ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

vectra wrote: »
    Collinite 476 is basically the paste version of 845. A bit trickier to use apparently.

Would you consider Soft99 Fusso ?
    I'd consider anything at this stage, I just want to get the roof done with something that will last and not require regular visits to 3m+.
    I don't mind heights but wet slippery van roof and concrete below is a risk that should be minimised;)
    Any Irish stockist for Fusso99?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Not sure where you based CJ but I just went on adverts and looked there's a fella that stocks it for 29euro based in Navan but appears to be in Dublin most days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Given the size a durable spray sealant would be a far easier option - Im thinking along the lines of CarPro Reload, gtechniq's comparable product (not up to speed on these), is it C2V3?

OR even easier still, a coat of CarPro HydrO2 going for a more concentrated application will give 3 months protection - spray on, power wash off - simple

I'd consider anything at this stage, I just want to get the roof done with something that will last and not require regular visits to 3m+.
    I don't mind heights but wet slippery van roof and concrete below is a risk that should be minimised;)
    Any Irish stockist for Fusso99?

Look up Autopia.ie

• Advertisement

Ok so Autopia have a few types of Soft99 Fusso, Dark and white and another called F7 Sealant.
    What do you recommend, bear in mind I am trying to do this to a roof that isn't flat, its has a lot of ribs in it, skylights, solar panel and a satellite dish as well.
    :rolleyes:
    I washed it down well today and I am not looking for showroom shine, I really need a durable protactive coating that repels water, water on a van roof attracts algae and you get streaks down the paintwork from the runoff.

Ok so Autopia have a few types of Soft99 Fusso, Dark and white and another called F7 Sealant.
    What do you recommend, bear in mind I am trying to do this to a roof that isn't flat, its has a lot of ribs in it, skylights, solar panel and a satellite dish as well.
    :rolleyes:
    I washed it down well today and I am not looking for showroom shine, I really need a durable protactive coating that repels water, water on a van roof attracts algae and you get streaks down the paintwork from the runoff.

Go light
    It really will do any color paint

F7 wouldn’t be as durable

Damp pad application and as light as you possibly can
    15 mins cure pending weather
    Buff
    Apply second coat 24 hours later if you have time Ror maximum durability and coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

As Curran mentioned above, the likes of Gtechniq C2V3 would be a much better option as it requires less time to do the job. It's a spray on, spread and buff with minimal effort.

As Curran mentioned above, the likes of Gtechniq C2V3 would be a much better option as it requires less time to do the job. It's a spray on, spread and buff with minimal effort.

I would be very sceptical as to durability against Fusso.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Badger2009

It only feels like real detailing when it leaves you unable to get out of the bed the next day. None of this easy to apply stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

It's not going to match durability...but Fusso cant match the ease of use. It's a trade off.
    Asked for 3+ months...and given it's a camper...ease wins for me. HydrO2 can be applied in 10 mins...simples! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Real world testing of C2v3 on my own car has had good durability for about 4 months, that was through winter, topped it up by using it as a drying aid the last week of March and there's still a good remnant of it. Given you'd probably get 4 months out of a good application of C2 and it only takes about 20 minutes if not less to apply makes it very comparable to Fusso. You're probably looking at the bones of an hour to apply and remove Fusso to a car, minimum, that would suffice to around 3 good coats of C2 and the beauty of it is you can just keep topping it up when drying!

I'd imagine you'd have the same effect from Reload too!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Amazon always have Collinite 845 in stock whenever I'm getting some, which is rare as it lasts years

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, Amazon or Ebay should be fine, that's where I get mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

I have had to put these plans on hold, I was planning on doing this job this week but was rear ended yesterday pretty much writing off my car, plus the weather has turned bad so unlikely I will get to do this job before I leave for France.
    Thanks for all the suggestions and I will post some stuff up when I finally get the job done, whatever I use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

CJhaughey wrote:
    I have been looking for a bottle of Collinite 845 but have been finding out its out of stock almost everywhere I look even online, does anyone know a shop in Ireland that has it in stock? Or failing that a good substitute that will protect the camper for three weeks of European travel and insect deposits? I'm not fussed on gloss but want protection and ease of cleaning primarily.

Amazon.co.uk...

Advertisement