Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Query re booking repeat test

Options
  • 09-06-2018 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi all, just have a quick question about booking a repeat driving test after being unsuccessful in the first attempt - it says on the RSA website "If you have recently failed a driving test, you will be unable to schedule a driving test for a period of three weeks.". I was just wondering if this means you *can* book a new test immediately but it has to be for a date later than 3 weeks after the last test or does it mean you can't even book a test for any date at all for 3 weeks after the last test?

EDIT: Also, for booking a repeat test, do you start from scratch and go through the same application process again online on the RSA website or is it done differently if you've already made an application before?

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

You can book it, but they won't give you a date until 3 weeks after you failed your test. When I failed my first one, I rebooked straight away, but it was only on the second time I rang them asking them if they had any cancellations that the woman told me I wouldn't be given a date until 3 weeks had passed.

And yes, same process as the first time you applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 CuriousOwl

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    You can book it, but they won't give you a date until 3 weeks after you failed your test. When I failed my first one, I rebooked straight away, but it was only on the second time I rang them asking them if they had any cancellations that the woman told me I wouldn't be given a date until 3 weeks had passed.

And yes, same process as the first time you applied.

Ah perfect, thanks very much for your helpful reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

No, you can get a resit before the 3 weeks but it really depends on who you get on the phone when you are ringing for a cancellation. I failed first time around and was resitting the test in less than 3 weeks. Ring them everyday and you might get lucky.

Advertisement