Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ESP/ABS Error

Options
  • 09-06-2018 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I have a 11 vw cc. Recently I had to get the solenoid switch replaced by vw as my car was one of the models recalled. Today my car displayed and error msg saying esp/abs error and lots of lights came on the dash. Plus my auto hold is not working now or my stop/start?? Could this be connected to the work vw done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

It’s probably one of the rear wheel speed sensors. They are a common problem on that shape Passat/CC.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Bmw123d

I would imagine that it’s totally unrelated. But your going to have to get the faults read and get them interpreted correctly. As George has said it could be quite possible that it’s a abs sensor. In which case would bring on the warning lights.
    It could be hard to prove if it was something done by what work vw done unless it’s directly related to the same section of work they carried out. But unless we know what fault is showing and exactly what work they carried out we wouldn’t be able to help you any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 xxbmjxx

Bmw123d wrote: »
    I would imagine that it’s totally unrelated. But your going to have to get the faults read and get them interpreted correctly. As George has said it could be quite possible that it’s a abs sensor. In which case would bring on the warning lights.
    It could be hard to prove if it was something done by what work vw done unless it’s directly related to the same section of work they carried out. But unless we know what fault is showing and exactly what work they carried out we wouldn’t be able to help you any further.

Thanks a mil for your advice!! I haven’t a clue about cars. I’ll get it to a garage tomorrow!

Advertisement