Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Accident no insurance

Options
  • 08-06-2018 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I had an acciden 3 months ago. I had missed payments for my insurance so I wasn't covered at the time of the accident. How long will it take for this to go to court

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Carolal wrote: »
    I had an acciden 3 months ago. I had missed payments for my insurance so I wasn't covered at the time of the accident. How long will it take for this to go to court

Was your policy cancelled, because you missed payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Carolal

Yes it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Be prepared for a driving ban, ludicrous insurance quotes in the future, hefty fines and a serious amount of headaches.
    Nearly 3 months ago I got hit by an uninsured driver.
    My car has been off the road since due to the length of time it's taking the uninsured drivers fund to pay out for the repairs.
    It's not in Ireland but the other driver is looking around 7k euro in total costs.
    I'd imagine you'll be summoned to court pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,943 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

They've 6 months from the alleged offence to apply for a summons. How long after getting it or how close to the court date they serve it is not defined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Op, is this the accident where you hit a pedestrian and the police took your phone?

bear1 wrote: »
    Op, is this the accident where you hit a pedestrian and the police took your phone?

Yes its the same accident. The pedestrian ran out infront of me

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Expect a driving ban and a hefty fine..

I know what to expect that's not what I asked I asked how long untill it goes to court

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Yes its the same accident. The pedestrian ran out infront of me

He/she wasn't pedestrian, they were running. Use this as the cornerstone of your self defence. Also tell the judge you're a sovereign being not adhering to common law. You'll walk. Thank me later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

VeVeX wrote: »
    Also tell the judge you're a sovereign being not adhering to common law.

All that rubbish will only piss the judge off. Same lingo that people advise to try and get out of bank debts but never works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,943 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

He/she wasn't pedestrian, they were running. Use this as the cornerstone of your self defence. Also tell the judge you're a sovereign being not adhering to common law. You'll walk. Thank me later.

I didn't hit a pedestrian I hit a runner will not change the outcome of driving with no insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

one thing ive learned that it will follow you for years, even insured, if person claims any injuries nerve damage whatever they come up with thats basically impossible to prove or dismiss they could milk you hard for this.
    get a lawyer as youll def need one, court date could be anywhere from 6mo to 2 years and expect repeat visits, specially if they will bring it up the chain, unless your good reason why your car wasnt insured it will be as someone mentioned above before youll get back onto road, then again depends a lot on judge and his mood on the day, since cash will be coming out from obudsman or whatever they are called, as insurance in this case wouldnt have any reason to cover your expenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,103 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Also tell the judge you're a sovereign being not adhering to common law. You'll walk. Thank me later.

Not that freeman of the land bollox again? Used by selfish arseholes who reckon they don't need to pay tax and can do as they please?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

368100 wrote: »
    All that rubbish will only piss the judge off.
    I think that's the entire plot.

OP; got €134,000 handy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

unkel wrote: »
    Not that freeman of the land bollox again? Used by selfish arseholes who reckon they don't need to pay tax and can do as they please?
    did you not spot the tongue in his cheek?

question was how long, DEL2005 answered it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

It will take about 12 months.

If the pedestrian is suing you for damages via MIBI, then the MIBI will cover those costs but will put the entire costs as a charge against you and will collect at some stage. - They've been known to come knocking many years after the costs have incurred.

He was drunk and ran across the road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

Won't matter a bit on the no insurance criminal case

And even if you could prove the sprint was some type of failed suicide bid it won't matter much as you will be liable for the amout of compensation awarded as a result of the civil case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Doesn't matter a Siht if the person was drunk or sober, you didn't have insurance.

The MIBI are now actively seeking redress for compensation paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭bladespin

More entitled to be there than an uninsured driver I'm afraid, very simply there's no defense and trying to project blame might not go down well.

• Advertisement

bladespin wrote: »
    More entitled to be there than an uninsured driver I'm afraid, very simply there's no defense and trying to project blame might not go down well.

The charge in court will be for driving with out insurance, & failure to produce insurance within 10 days

The fact that the pedestrian was drunk will be irrelevant

• Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭bladespin

mikeecho wrote: »
    The charge in court will be for driving with out insurance, & failure to produce insurance within 10 days

The fact that the pedestrian was drunk will be irrelevant

My point exactly.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

I don't think the OP is using it as an excuse just answering the question put about the circumstances. I think they know they're in the poop, and just want to know how long it will take.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Before they built a pedestrian bridge over the Naas Road at the Red cow, a guy managed to walk out in front of a luas, he was locked after coming out of the bluebell club. He got over a quarter of a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

unkel wrote: »

Yes that. Surely its within the rights of a sovereign man to proceed with his business without the impediment of a drunken man traveling on foot at speed? Be him adhering to an act that requires motor vehicles to be properly insured or not. No judge in sound mind will proceed with such an abhorrence to the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Yes that. Surely its within the rights of a sovereign man to proceed with his business without the impediment of a drunken man traveling on foot at speed? Be him adhering to an act that requires motor vehicles to be properly insured or not. No judge in sound mind will proceed with such an abhorrence to the law.
    Is this what your head sounds like?

Before they built a pedestrian bridge over the Naas Road at the Red cow, a guy managed to walk out in front of a luas, he was locked after coming out of the bluebell club. He got over a quarter of a million.

I'm pretty sure that the luas has insurance or a cert of exemption.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭christy02

Fu**ers like you that make all our insurance premiums go up. Hope they throw he book at ya.

If you can't afford to run a car then don't drive. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

christy02 wrote: »
    Fu**ers like you that make all our insurance premiums go up. Hope they throw he book at ya.

If you can't afford to run a car then don't drive. Simples.

https://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/latest-news/uninsured-drivers-blamed-as-premium-costs-to-rise-again-35006001.html

Some €65m was paid out in claims last year, adding an estimated €35 to the cost of the average motor premium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭Dartz

dingding wrote: »
    https://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/latest-news/uninsured-drivers-blamed-as-premium-costs-to-rise-again-35006001.html

Some €65m was paid out in claims last year, adding an estimated €35 to the cost of the average motor premium

What the **** does the other 1250 I'm paying cover then?

Advertisement