Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Psychology - Quickest way

• 05-06-2018 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm wondering if anybody can advise me on the quickest way to gain my basics in Psychology in an accredited institute and course in Ireland? Is an undergraduate course the only option or is there a fast track more intense course over a 2-3 year period? I am a qualified Physiotherapist i already have a degree in a medical profession if that makes a difference. When i was studying for my undergraduate degree over a 4 year period, there was a fast track masters course available in the same institute for those who already had a degree. Maybe this was possible as they were more experienced/mature students and that they have experience in the research aspect completing a degree. Any advice here would be very much appreciated. Regards :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

You can do a higher diploma conversion course which is equivalent to a BA Degree in psychology, IF you have a prior level 8 degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Baz1984

OK great, thanks for the info. Is there another option which entails a masters where i can still get the foundation psychology but finish on a level above 8? The reason i ask this is due to funding. In order to get a grant i need to be progressing from my level 8 BA degree.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,990 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Does your funding source allow online degrees? There are several fully accredited universities that offer bachelors and masters degrees in psychology completely online. Many are self-paced. Allowing you to move at your own speed. But be careful of diploma mills, where diplomas are not worth the paper printed. Check accreditation. Example of quality online degree program: University of Southern California

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

University of Derby do an online Masters accredited by BPS. However, I think you need 60 credits of psychology as criteria

Advertisement