Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Limo Licence

Options
  • 04-06-2018 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    Only new so I don't know if I'm posting in the right section, but would anyone know how to go about getting a Limo Licence.

I feel I would be good at this job and have a clean B & C licences with all my cpc's and Digi-card in order.
    If you work in this area, is there much work available at the moment?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

You'll need a PSV licence for starters. €250 for 5 years and need to be tax compliant for the duration of those 5 years, they check regularly. The knowledge exam for the area in which you intend working is tough, being €85 a throw with a ridiculously high percentage needed to pass has prevented many getting into the industry. Are you intending getting your own car?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Just Browsing

Cheers for the above info jca.
    85% in exam! I'd have to put my nose in the books to be in with a chance!

My PSV licence expired a fair few years ago. I'm not looking to get my own car, just thinking of driving for companies who hire limos/ chauffeur drivers.

Advertisement