Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cost of setting set in bikeing.

Options
  • 03-06-2018 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Could anyone give me a rough idea on how much it is to get your full bike licence is. Everything from start to finish.
    Also where in Galway could I do it.
    Tia.
    H.w.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Mintoe

Could anyone give me a rough idea on how much it is to get your full bike licence is. Everything from start to finish.
    Also where in Galway could I do it.
    Tia.
    H.w.

What age are you? If over 24 you can get direct access to unrestricted licence

Theory test €45
    Provisional licence €35
    IBT €450 approx
    Driving test €85

Depending on your own level of ability You may also need driving lessons, Pre-test, hire of bike for test, any repeat tests etc as well as buying a lid, gloves, jacket, trousers and of course A BIKE!!!!!

Insurance wise I found Carole Nash cheapest and the best cover

All in not cheap but well worth it now full licence in the wallet

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Honda whippet

Mintoe wrote: »
    What age are you? If over 24 you can get direct access to unrestricted licence

Theory test €45
    Provisional licence €35
    IBT €450 approx
    Driving test €85

Depending on your own level of ability You may also need driving lessons, Pre-test, hire of bike for test, any repeat tests etc as well as buying a lid, gloves, jacket, trousers and of course A BIKE!!!!!

Insurance wise I found Carole Nash cheapest and the best cover

All in not cheap but well worth it now full licence in the wallet
    Thanks very much for the info mintoe.
    Going to look for somewhere in Galway to get started.
    Atb h.w.

Thanks very much for the info mintoe.
    Going to look for somewhere in Galway to get started.
    Atb h.w.
    Sorry meant to also say im 44.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Mintoe

Sorry meant to also say im 44.

Make sure you tick the A class on provisional application and for ITB,

Mintoe wrote: »
    Make sure you tick the A class on provisional application and for ITB,
    Will do. Thanks again for the info.
    Atb h.w.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Recommend you get a few lessons specifically for the bike, even (especially) if you have driven a car before. They are a different class of a beast.

spurious wrote: »
    Recommend you get a few lessons specifically for the bike, even (especially) if you have driven a car before. They are a different class of a beast.
    Going to start fresh as a total beginner. Better off. Have way to many bad habits.
    Just going through a couple of places on line at the moment to see where I can start off on the ibt.
    Atb h.w.

Advertisement