Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wobble from both rear wheels

Options
  • 02-06-2018 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭

Lately the car (Honda Civic 8th gen) has developed a wobble in both back wheels. I only notice it when I cross a continuous white line like into a bus lane.

Car also tends to sway when theres a bit of weight in it as well.

Could it be a case of tramlining or would that only effect one wheel ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I would say it's a combination of things that really need to be looked at. Namely wheel balancing, wheel bearings, tyres, mountings, rear bushings. It could be any or all of these, and no way to know unless checked over by a trained eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Cheers Hal. I'm trying to organise getting it looked at after the bank holiday. It doesn't pull or anything, just boaty over 100kmh.

Someone suggested to me it could be rear control arms which could be expensive to get done. Guessing that wouldn't be covered under the warranty I got with it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Bmw123d

Cheers Hal. I'm trying to organise getting it looked at after the bank holiday. It doesn't pull or anything, just boaty over 100kmh.

Someone suggested to me it could be rear control arms which could be expensive to get done. Guessing that wouldn't be covered under the warranty I got with it ?

It could also be ur rear roll bar hence feeling boaty. But as others have said you would need one of us mechanic guys to check her for ya

Advertisement