Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which car?

Options
  • 02-06-2018 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi
    I am looking for an estate for between 11+12k.I have looked at Hyundai i40 and Opel insignia.both I looked at had clutch problems.has anyone any advice to what make would be the best for this price range .I am open to any make.
    Thanks

Comments

galway1973 wrote: »
    Hi
    I am looking for an estate for between 11+12k.I have looked at Hyundai i40 and Opel insignia.both I looked at had clutch problems.has anyone any advice to what make would be the best for this price range .I am open to any make.
    Thanks
    Firstly why an estate? What needs do you have for an estate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

Maybe A few bob more , an Auris Hybrid estate, no,clutch DMF, dpf, no turbo no probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭galway1973

Firstly why an estate? What needs do you have for an estate?

Use it as family car and sometimes for work if I need to.

galway1973 wrote: »
    Use it as family car and sometimes for work if I need to.

Reason I ask is you’re limiting your options- nothing said so far that would require specifically an estate over a large hatchback saloon such as a Mondeo?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,155 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Clutches and flywheels on modern diesel cars unfortunately have a limited life expectancy but clutches in diesel hyundais and kias seem to made of chocolate while the Mk1 Insignia has questionable reliability. I'd look at the Toyota Avensis, not the most interesting car but they don't give much in the way of trouble especially the flywheels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Reason I ask is you’re limiting your options- nothing said so far that would require specifically an estate over a large hatchback saloon such as a Mondeo?

The space in hatchback, large or not is nothing compared to an estate

Yes you are limiting yourself but you it is not like you dont have plenty of options available.....

Advertisement