Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

<snip> "cleaners" did a "handjob" to my wife's car

Options
  • 02-06-2018 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Sound nuts writing this here but I feel better than arguing with my wife..

So, today wife dropped her car to cleaners, in <snip> off <snip> /D15car park, for a car valet.
    Left it there and been told to come at 4ishto pick-up
    At the agreed time, i dropped her and went in my way.

Arrived back home at 7ish and wondered why car is not home.
    Wife said that the car will not start and the cleaners mentioned that the possibility of the car running out of diesel as they run the engine to dry the carpets / seats...
    I remember having like fuel for another line, possible 50-75 km range.
    But the thing that piss me ,beside my unexplained and childish behaviour is the way they treat my woman...they took the payment without any kind of receipt and wife had to walk miles, back home as they didn't give a single toss about it... i had mobile turned off so she cannot contact me. I gave her along argument askign how can she pay and leave the car there ... how they could have fouled her in a souch despicable way !???

I mean,if that is the case, they should / they may have helped her or even better, fix the situation without the wife knowing the run out of fuel..
    Also, if they looked at the dashboard and see short of fuel, should have stopped the process or inform wife that cannot do it or get more fuel !??

Dunno...im fuming here ballistic as we planned to go out this weekend away with family and friends...

I know sound silly...what options do i have on a late Saturday in a long weekend !???

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Handjob!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Not a happy ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

rolion wrote: »
    I know sound silly...what options do i have on a late Saturday in a long weekend !???

Thanks.

Make up sex

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭dmc17

They should've given it a blow....dry, instead of leaving the engine running to dry the interior

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Is the OP trying to say there was only enough Diesel in the car for another 50 to 75 km. ah here!!
    The wife had to walk home... what, she couldn’t ring anyone & she didn’t have enough money to buy diesel? This is ridiculous. Is this a joke?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Who turns their phone off in 2018?

This reminds me of the drawbar saga that "ruined" a lads weekend!

Go get the car and move on with your life.
    You ran out diesel,

• Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Lol at you giving her a bollocking and then complaining about how someone else treated her (your woman)

Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'm guessing the mention of a handjob in the title is meant to be thread clickbait. It worked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Have you considered putting diesel in the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Who got a hand job? Who gave the hand job? Are we all getting hand jobs? So many questions unanswered

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Hi,

Sound nuts writing this here but I feel better than arguing with my wife..

So, today wife dropped her car to cleaners, in Littlepace off Clonee /D15car park, for a car valet.
    Left it there and been told to come at 4ishto pick-up
    At the agreed time, i dropped her and went in my way.

Arrived back home at 7ish and wondered why car is not home.
    Wife said that the car will not start and the cleaners mentioned that the possibility of the car running out of diesel as they run the engine to dry the carpets / seats...
    I remember having like fuel for another line, possible 50-75 km range.
    But the thing that piss me ,beside my unexplained and childish behaviour is the way they treat my woman...they took the payment without any kind of receipt and wife had to walk miles, back home as they didn't give a single toss about it... i had mobile turned off so she cannot contact me. I gave her along argument askign how can she pay and leave the car there ... how they could have fouled her in a souch despicable way !???

I mean,if that is the case, they should / they may have helped her or even better, fix the situation without the wife knowing the run out of fuel..
    Also, if they looked at the dashboard and see short of fuel, should have stopped the process or inform wife that cannot do it or get more fuel !??

Dunno...im fuming here ballistic as we planned to go out this weekend away with family and friends...

Thanks.

Why should they give a toss? It's not their fault, having enough diesel in the car is your own responsibility not theirs.

Just make sure you have enough diesel in it from now on and you'll have no problems.

Tarring a buisness for something that has nothing to do with them is not on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭rameire

I bet you the car was clean.
    they do a great job.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Nothing wrong with a good handjob, my car and I have been on the receiving end of a few decent ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

A car engine running on idle uses Max 1.5l per hour. Some cars will shut down with 2-3l in the tank to save potential damage if its emptied, such as picking up all the dregs in the bottom of the tank.

You didn't leave the phone on for your wife? Theres a setting on the phone that blocks all calls except for a couple of numbers that you pick. Such as your wife.

What did you expect your wife to do? Not pay and drive off? Would you let somebody drive off without paying if you cleaned their car?

Sounds like you're in the doghouse and you've only yourself to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

YAGpXPd_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

H,beside my unexplained and childish behaviour is the way they treat my woman...

I stopped reading here..:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

I remember having like fuel for another line, possible 50-75 km range....

Dunno...im fuming here ballistic as we planned to go out this weekend away with family

You do know that cars use diesel when idle not just to move. 50km is what 3 litres of fuel in the car?

Maybe put some fuel in it now and in future

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Is the car happy after it's Hand Job ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Hi guys,

There is no bail clicks or anything else troll related.
    But happy to see that the hand "clicked" your filthy curiosity ...

Wife dropped the car to their place, asked for a car valet.
    Simple as that. Told to call back at 4ish.
    A simple and normal car related service like any of you drop your car to local garage.
    You trust that they will pay attention and full care to your property, while being in their possession.
    Is a mutual contract based on trust and respect.
    That you manage to change the condition of the car after you execute your requested task(s),well not sure that falls... as moral or legal.

The fact that, according to my wife (which is my wife or, as typed above in fury, is a woman) they throw it saying it could be the diesel or could be anything ... and without any common sense or decency trying to resolve the issue...and my silly wife left the car there...that really pissed me...Not the fact that the weekend is fcuked or the car is there or friends meet-up postponed...no, none of that...but they could have asked if she can get home, can we give you a lift, a taxi or offer to check the car...

I am not damaging their business, I am a customer that Im not happy about their services.
    I am entitled to some sort of response and possible to search an advise ,on whatever platforms or channels, true, more or less serious and trusted...

For some of you above, I'm one of those that do not carry the social platforms with me 24/7 ... So easy on that warriors...I can manage to be without a phone for a whole weekend.
    Same with the diesel, i am not aware that if I bring a car to valet I need to have a minimum running configuration enabled and possible, signed for... cut the bull**** there. They should have checked before running the engine at whatever speeds or time duration and warn the senior staff or owner that "we" cannot proceed with that...or dunno, similar action ! Open the fcuking doors, use another blower... But hat will show careless and absolutely fcuk off about the routine checks...
    We planned to fill the tank on our way out to country side...not so stupid like some of you above replied. One line on my dashboard, alarm goes off, gives me at least 70 km range at 10 litres reserve reached in the diesel tank.

I've asked few of my friends around, even my car mechanic replied by text saying that if is the diesel out, as the staff says, it is tricky to get it back, something to do with the diesel pump and engine running, gas pedal combination.

I'll wait until tomorrow when I may call the car insurance breakdown and / or visit the guys in Littlepace site.
    Still not sure whats the issue...

Definitively going to sue them for moral damage and the way threat the user and dealt with the situation.
    And more definitively, going to ask for receipt...

Until then guys...i'm more crazy than some of you being here, on Saturday night long weekend...get the nick out of here...
    Be good...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

104y8n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Yep diesel cars or vans if they run out of fuel then it has to be bled. Tbh you should never let fuel run that low

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Is it a 4 or 6 stroke engine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBr2ifgjMZBqYhUAmN5FiZ6TAnJCtewofvDtoTNu3vr-ocfcRU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Patww79 wrote: »
    Good old boards, protect the business at all costs.

Could be a load of **** though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

If you've got the snip then you don't need to finish off with a handjob

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Patww79 wrote: »

Its really unfair otherwise as the business is most likely not aware that this is here, they have no opportunity to respond.

Anyway, this has been great but I don't think it's going to get any better from here. If you've any updates OP pm any of the mods any we'll look at updating the thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement