Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good car polisher, under 100 quid.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

First one is junk, I have the second one, haven’t used it much but the disc on it is massive, I cut the base on mine down and fitted a smaller pad. Last two are rotary so not the same as dual action.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

colm_mcm wrote: »
    First one is junk, I have the second one, haven’t used it much but the disc on it is massive, I cut the base on mine down and fitted a smaller pad. Last two are rotary so not the same as dual action.

It's the second one in interested in, seems to be similar to the popular das6 , same disc size too I think. Did it do a good job?

Argos one has a 6 inch plate as far as I remember.

Argos one has a 6 inch plate as far as I remember.

Thanks. So would you recommend?

I’m not in a position to recommend as I only bought that one cos it was cheap and it’s the only one I’ve used. I can confirm it works anyway but budget for proper pads.
    It’s the best of what you’ve listed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭yogmeister

I ve been using sealey polishers for the last ten or fifteen years . I m in the motor trade so ours would be used a lot and we always find we get good value for our money with these . We gave up buying big name brand polishers when we found these . They are available on eBay from €75 ish . We usually get ours from a motor factors in cork for around the 100 mark .

yogmeister wrote: »
    I ve been using sealey polishers for the last ten or fifteen years . I m in the motor trade so ours would be used a lot and we always find we get good value for our money with these . We gave up buying big name brand polishers when we found these . They are available on eBay from €75 ish . We usually get ours from a motor factors in cork for around the 100 mark .

Thanks!. Is there a particular model you recommend? Im looking for a dual action one, this looks good https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sealey-DAS149-Random-Orbital-Polisher/dp/B00VG7OZZC/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1528006268&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=sealey+car+polisher&dpPl=1&dpID=41lF-bti2NL&ref=plSrch

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Thanks!. Is there a particular model you recommend? Im looking for a dual action one, this looks good

To be honest I would nt use a dual action polisher . And I have nt came across anyone in the trade using one either . Sorry I don't know how to send a link but I ll send a picture of the one I have .

The one you’ve linked is the same machine as the one in Argos, just different branding.

The one you’ve linked is the same machine as the one in Argos, just different branding.

Yes it looks pretty similar it may even be the same thing but I still wouldn't buy it because the ones I've been using are tried and tested . There's also rupes ones on the market that look similar but are in no way the same machine . They are three times the price and unreliable . If your worried about buying from eBay there is plenty of sealey agents throughout Ireland so if there is any issues you can return to them .

• Advertisement

Can you adjust the handle in the argos one like you can on this one? Thanks

Can you adjust the handle in the argos one like you can on this one? Thanks

You can t adjust the handle on either of them I'd say only swap the side from left hand to right hand

yogmeister wrote: »
    You can t adjust the handle on either of them I'd say only swap the side from left hand to right hand

Thanks..looks.like you can adjust the handle on the sealey one I linked to..but not on the one you linked to.which appears to be a rotary polisher..as im new to machine polishing ill have to stick to a dual action.

The argos one does appear to look the sMe as the dual action sealey however not sure you can adjust the handle on the argos one which is a bit crap if true.

You def can’t adjust the handle on the Argos one.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Badger2009

I don't see any power rating on the Argos one (I assume it's around 500/600W). For me that's a bit under powered and will tend to bog down. It's not necessarily a problem just correction will take longer.

I have a das6 pro plus (900W) that I got on black Friday for £130 a couple of years ago and it works pretty well. I think there is a das6 pro 900W on Amazon for about £115. These are good as you can use 5" or 3" plates on them.

Personally, I would spend the little bit extra to get a machine that will take care of most jobs easily.

It’s 600w IIRC.

Advertisement