Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What 4x4?

Options
  • 02-06-2018 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all, I'm in the market for a used 4x4. Not looking at soft SUVs as it will be worked hard. Intended use towing large boat, horse box (2 horses) and builders trailer.
    I have narrowed it down to Nissan Patrol or a Mitsubishi Shogun. Hoping to get crewcab around 2000 to 2005 and running for 5 years plus. Has anybody got any good or bad experiences with them or any other useful information regarding them. I know the landcruiser is king but any examples I have viewed are to pricey or else very rough. Have a good weekend all and thanks for responses.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 23 Skobey_brady

facelesss wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm in the market for a used 4x4. Not looking at soft SUVs as it will be worked hard. Intended use towing large boat, horse box (2 horses) and builders trailer.
    I have narrowed it down to Nissan Patrol or a Mitsubishi Shogun. Hoping to get crewcab around 2000 to 2005 and running for 5 years plus. Has anybody got any good or bad experiences with them or any other useful information regarding them. I know the landcruiser is king but any examples I have viewed are to pricey or else very rough. Have a good weekend all and thanks for responses.

Would a short wheel base land cruiser commercial suit, they are much cheaper than passengers and tax is reduced rate of 333

• Registered Users Posts: 17 facelesss

Would a short wheel base land cruiser commercial suit, they are much cheaper than passengers and tax is reduced rate of 333

Need the space for tools and men. Crewcabs have commercial tax so no worries there.

Pajero are OK.
    Patrol probably ideal for what you want but they are quite slow. You'll unfortunately struggle to find one that hasn't been worked hard now. 5+ years ago you'd usually have one or two for sale that were used as cars by well heeled country folk..... might have towed the show jumper about etc.

Landcruisers might be your best bet if time is on your side....a sanely priced clean one will turn up eventually. As you know, you get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 facelesss

Bit the bullet and brought a 2000 Nissan patrol. Very happy with it. Plenty of pulling power towed two large horses with ease. Huge inside as well, it really feels like a tough machine.

Fantastic, hopefully and all going well you should see your 5 year target out of it and more :)
    I'd prefer a Patrol to a Landcruiser, a seemingly more substantial yoke altogether.
    We'd love a pic or two to be honest if you had some handy :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement