Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VAG - possible dual mass flywheel issue?

Options
  • 01-06-2018 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Hi was wondering has anyone experienced anything like this.
    I have a 2005 Octavia 1.9tdi (bjb)
    This morning I noticed it started vibrating at a traffic light and it got really bad at about 40mph almost undrivable, but better at 60mph
    Anyways I went to drive it to the mechanic (5min drive) later in the morning when they opened and no vibrations at all the mechanic took it for a spin and said there was a very small vibration from the clutch pedal but nothing like what I had experienced.
    Would it be normal for a failing dmf to only cause vibrations when the car is fully hot? Or could this be a different issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Further info drove it home for the first 45 mins it drove fine but then the vibrations came back (which is roughly he same amount of time it took for me to notice the issue this morning)
    It vibrates a lot if I try accelerate hard. And actually seems to have nothing to do with speed just load on the engine

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Bmw123d

Further info drove it home for the first 45 mins it drove fine but then the vibrations came back (which is roughly he same amount of time it took for me to notice the issue this morning)
    It vibrates a lot if I try accelerate hard. And actually seems to have nothing to do with speed just load on the engine

To me it sounds more like a injector on the way out. Because it’s coming and going if it was the flywheel it would be constant and no matter what if it was hotbof cold as soon as u start it. It would start vibrating and rattling.

From what u describe to me it does seem more like a injector and that’s going off your info. All be it tho I’d have to do my own checks on it but I’ve done a lot of dual messes and clutch on these and there either vibrating or there not.
    Same as I’ve also changed a lot of injectors on them and at different speeds and different injection rations it could make the car go off on a cylinder hence the vibration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    I had something similarly sounding before and it was the injector loom (AJM).

Thank you turned out to be the injector loom 87euro for the part plus an hour and a half labour.
    The mechanic was adamant the injector was at fault and changing the loom would do nothing.

In case anyone has a similar issue the error codes were
    Valve for Pump-Jet: Cylinder 1 Electrical Malfunction
    Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected

Thank you turned out to be the injector loom 87euro for the part plus an hour and a half labour.
    The mechanic was adamant the injector was at fault and changing the loom would do nothing.

So I was right. No problem at all ur welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Is it not possible for mechanics to test individual injectors?

salonfire wrote: »

Of course it’s possible to check each injector why would u think it’s not

salonfire wrote: »

I’d imagine so I think he just though taking them out to test them would have been a waste of my money as he was so sure it was the injector.
    When I asked for the loom to be done he insisted that it was not the loom because there was two fault codes and if the loom was faulty it would have been only one fault code.
    But I just insisted that I wanted to try the loom first and he said he would do it if I wanted but I’d only end up paying for him to put in the injector.

Anyways about 1000km later all seems to be good so happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Bmw123d wrote: »
    Of course it’s possible to check each injector why would u think it’s not

I am a lurker on here, not involved in car mechanics and know very little about cars.

Hence the question :)

Advertisement