Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo s60 r-design detailing

Options
  • 31-05-2018 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

Hi guys/girls

I've recently bought a Volvo s60 and want to get a few bits done to it and was hoping people might have some recommendations on where to go or how much it should cost.

1. Wheels have a bit of kirbing on them and I want to get them refurbished. I've seen a thread about a crew called "wheel wizards" and they seem to look the part! Anyone have any dealings with them or anyone else they would suggest?

2. Tinting, looking at getting the windows done the car is black and I think would look that part eith a nice tint out on it.

3. Re-badging, a few of the badges on the car are a little worn ESPICALLY the r-design badge in the front grille.

4. I'd like to get the breaks sprayed thinking if the Volvo blue to match the badges etc!

Any help would be great currently living in leixlip but don't mind travelling to get a quality job done!

Thanks in advance!
    Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Hi guys/girls

I've recently bought a Volvo s60 and want to get a few bits done to it and was hoping people might have some recommendations on where to go or how much it should cost.

1. Wheels have a bit of kirbing on them and I want to get them refurbished. I've seen a thread about a crew called "wheel wizards" and they seem to look the part! Anyone have any dealings with them or anyone else they would suggest?

2. Tinting, looking at getting the windows done the car is black and I think would look that part eith a nice tint out on it.

3. Re-badging, a few of the badges on the car are a little worn ESPICALLY the r-design badge in the front grille.

4. I'd like to get the breaks sprayed thinking if the Volvo blue to match the badges etc!

Any help would be great currently living in leixlip but don't mind travelling to get a quality job done!

Thanks in advance!
    Sean

Wheel wizards would be able to look after the wheels for you.
    Soda Blast in Cork would also look after the wheels and calipers for you.
    I am unsure about window tint as I don't get this done myself.

Badges I assume Price new ones from a dealer or try ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Hi guys/girls

Wheel Wizards are the way to go, my Mrs used them and the alloys come up as if they are brand new. Search some of the threads here and you will see a lot of ppl recommend them

The lads in Pro Parts can help out here for tinting and brake callipers being sprayed.

Im getting he rear tints done tomorrow form them on my 320D M Sport so will try and throw some pics up when done.

Pro Parts and Wheeel Wirards are in the same area AFAIK

Wheel Wizards are the way to go, my Mrs used them and the alloys come up as if they are brand new. Search some of the threads here and you will see a lot of ppl recommend them

The lads in Pro Parts can help out here for tinting and brake callipers being sprayed.

Im getting he rear tints done tomorrow form them on my 320D M Sport so will try and throw some pics up when done.

Pro Parts and Wheeel Wirards are in the same area AFAIK

I saw work done by pro parts.
    I certainly wouldnt recommend them.

vectra wrote: »

Will let you know how I get on tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Well how did the work turn out?

• Advertisement

Well how did the work turn out?

The lad that does the tints was out sick so booked in for next week, lads gave me a heads up on Friday evening which saved me traveling up and finding out after i got up there.

Will let you know next week :)

I wasn't talking about the tints.

I wasn't talking about the tints.

Ah right, anything in particular??

Ah right, anything in particular??

Lets just say, keep them away from your alloys.

Sorry about delay, but here you go, tints before and after. Very happy with them

453378.JPG

453379.JPG

• Advertisement

Sweet the car looks brilliant with the tint!

Do you mind me asking the price?

My s60 is black and those pics are just convincing me to get it done even more

Sweet the car looks brilliant with the tint!

Do you mind me asking the price?

My s60 is black and those pics are just convincing me to get it done even more

Yeah it makes a really big difference to be honest

Price wise I got them done for 120 euro, can't remember if that was a special sale price or not, sometimes they do promotions, but I knew it was always in the region of 120 to 150. Well worth it in my opinion

Thanks might get it done in a month or two when I have a bit put aside for it! Will post a picture of before and after as Well!

Advertisement