Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel in cork

Options
  • 19-05-2018 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hey everyone.
    So my girlfriends b'day is coming up the second week of june. Her dad passed away suddenly last month and i wanted to treat her to a few days away. We decided we would like to take a few days and travel the cork coast, nothing too mad, but to visit all the popular seaside towns. Problem is I originally had it in my head I wanted to treat her and we would stay in inchydoney but you can't just book for 1 night, they have a 2 night minimum rule, which wouldn't suit us. Reason I had thought inchydoney was because of the location and the spa as well. So anyway, been thinking and googling and I'm running out of ideas so I'm looking for advice, basically a nice hotel, good rooms, good food, where u get treated properly. Any ideas? All help appreciated!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

bman1 wrote: »
    Hey everyone.
    So my girlfriends b'day is coming up the second week of june. Her dad passed away suddenly last month and i wanted to treat her to a few days away. We decided we would like to take a few days and travel the cork coast, nothing too mad, but to visit all the popular seaside towns. Problem is I originally had it in my head I wanted to treat her and we would stay in inchydoney but you can't just book for 1 night, they have a 2 night minimum rule, which wouldn't suit us. Reason I had thought inchydoney was because of the location and the spa as well. So anyway, been thinking and googling and I'm running out of ideas so I'm looking for advice, basically a nice hotel, good rooms, good food, where u get treated properly. Any ideas? All help appreciated!!!

Celtic Ross Hotel, Rosscarbery.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

Have a look at the West Cork Hotel in Skibbereen. You could dine in Good Things which is a fine restaurant in the middle of town, an easy walk from the hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Maritime Hotel in Bantry is nice.

Where are you starting from, and how long are you planning on this trip?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭bman1

Maritime Hotel in Bantry is nice.

Where are you starting from, and how long are you planning on this trip?

Starting in kerry, gonna go Glengarriff, bantry baltimore then on along the coast. Leaving on a Thursday morning, aiming to be home on the Sunday evening. So I suppose a hotel the far side of cork might be better, but obviously we can backtrack if needs be. Looking on TripAdvisor would put you off a lot of hotel, but you can't take all reviews as gospel I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

bman1 wrote: »
    Starting in kerry, gonna go Glengarriff, bantry baltimore then on along the coast. Leaving on a Thursday morning, aiming to be home on the Sunday evening. So I suppose a hotel the far side of cork might be better, but obviously we can backtrack if needs be. Looking on TripAdvisor would put you off a lot of hotel, but you can't take all reviews as gospel I suppose.

kenmare to Allihies-CTB-Bantry -kilcrohane-durrus-Mizzen-Schull-Skib is the nicest part of Cork IMO.

hug the coast as much as possible.
    Night 1: Skibb
    Night 2: Kinsale (mcdonalds?)
    Night 3: cork city after coming back from Youghal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭bman1

kenmare to Allihies-CTB-Bantry -kilcrohane-durrus-Mizzen-Schull-Skib is the nicest part of Cork IMO.

hug the coast as much as possible.
    Night 1: Skibb
    Night 2: Kinsale (mcdonalds?)
    Night 3: cork city after coming back from Youghal

Some good info there, gonna google some of it now! Thank you!

Advertisement