Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Continuous Residence/5 years in state requirement

• 13-05-2018 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hello,

I meet all of the requirements to join AGS and have a degree in psychology. By the next recruitment drive (assuming it is this summer), I will have had 2 years continuous residence in the state. I am a British citizen, but have spent the last 10 years working in 4 different countries. I was also born in America.

In a nutshell, I will not have had 5 years residence out of the past 8 in ROI, which is a requirement in addition to the 1 year continuous residence prior to the application opening date.

Should I still give this a go?
    I want to do the exam prep course in Dublin in June but don't want to spend €165 if I can't even get past initial screening this year.

I am turning 31 soon and don't want to waste time. Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

Well yeah if you don't meet the criteria then you'd only be wasting your time

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

If those are the requirements then you won't get in but you could use it as a practice run for the real thing rather than forking out €165?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Hello,

I meet all of the requirements to join AGS and have a degree in psychology. By the next recruitment drive (assuming it is this summer), I will have had 2 years continuous residence in the state. I am a British citizen, but have spent the last 10 years working in 4 different countries. I was also born in America.

In a nutshell, I will not have had 5 years residence out of the past 8 in ROI, which is a requirement in addition to the 1 year continuous residence prior to the application opening date.

Should I still give this a go?
    I want to do the exam prep course in Dublin in June but don't want to spend €165 if I can't even get past initial screening this year.

I am turning 31 soon and don't want to waste time. Thanks for any advice!

Heya, I just read the conditions for entry/eligibility requirements.

(v) (a) Be a national of a European Union Member State

The word after that is 'or'

So apply!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭arainagusime

Elliot192 wrote: »
    Heya, I just read the conditions for entry/eligibility requirements.

(v) (a) Be a national of a European Union Member State

The word after that is 'or'

So apply!

Two letters can make such a difference. Thanks :D

Advertisement