Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rapid build social housing

Options
  • 13-05-2018 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi, i am wondering if anyone can give me some information please. I am currently a Hap tenant in a private rented house and have been offered a rapid build new house from county council. I am wondering what the procedure is with giving notice to current landlord when transferring from Hap to council tenancy. Also if anyone has moved into a rapid build house, were they furnished or did they have flooring in them or are they the same as moving into a concrete build old stock house from the council?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭wifey28

generally council houses all come with jsut kitchen cabinets and maybe a built in wardrobe.

So yes bare concrete floors and no appliances or furniture jsut an empty shell

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

xxgilloxx wrote: »
    Hi, i am wondering if anyone can give me some information please. I am currently a Hap tenant in a private rented house and have been offered a rapid build new house from county council. I am wondering what the procedure is with giving notice to current landlord when transferring from Hap to council tenancy. Also if anyone has moved into a rapid build house, were they furnished or did they have flooring in them or are they the same as moving into a concrete build old stock house from the council?

Best folk to advise are Citizen;s Info, online and in person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Graces7 wrote: »
    Best folk to advise are Citizen;s Info, online and in person.

Nope. The best people to advise are the local Council's Housing Department!

Citizens Info can then advise about applying for an exceptional needs payment to help furnish/equip the house! :D

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/supplementary_welfare_schemes/exceptional_needs_payments.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19 xxgilloxx

Thank you all for your replies. I am waiting for the paperwork to arrive in the post with further information. I am more curious of the what the floors will be like as i am aware usually a council house has bare concrete but as this particular house is one of the new modular houses i was wondering if it might be different as they are factory built houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Thank you all for your replies. I am waiting for the paperwork to arrive in the post with further information. I am more curious of the what the floors will be like as i am aware usually a council house has bare concrete but as this particular house is one of the new modular houses i was wondering if it might be different as they are factory built houses.

There won't be any floors, that's a fact. There will be a toilet, sink, shower or bath, and a basic kitchen set up. Do look at exceptional needs payment to give you something towards floors and furnishing, times are good and they are easier to get. Good luck with the new place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Tina82

best of luck in your new home :)

Thanks myshirt. I had a feeling it would be the same set up as standard housing. Just wanted to be sure as they are a different type of house. I will contact cwo once the relevant paperwork goes through and hopefully they can help with something towards the necessary essentials. Thank you for your help and best wishes.

Thank you Tina82. :)

How did you get it and how long were you waiting as I’m on the housing list under medical ground

Good luck in your new home

Thank you. Im on the list 8 years and i have medical grounds 2 years. I received a phone call with an offer out of the blue.

Thank you. Im on the list 8 years and i have medical grounds 2 years. I received a phone call with an offer out of the blue.

I’m on the housing list 18 months now but was moved to the medical ground list in April

Does that mean my time reset or is it added to the medical list?

• Advertisement

To be honest im not too sure. What i do know is i was told i offered based on my medical grounds so hopefully it will be the same for you.

To be honest im not too sure. What i do know is i was told i offered based on my medical grounds so hopefully it will be the same for you.

Thank you and best of luck in your new home again I’m hope someday I finally get a home of my own :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Op did you not say you were a home owner in another thread or did I miss read something

Gatling you read something wrong. I am not a home owner. I have been renting since 2009. There is building work being done behind the house i rent and i had issue with what was being done as i was directly affected. This has been sorted out and agreement made with the builders.

tajd, thanks again and i hope you get a call soon with an offer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I live in a modular; it has industrial weight lino all through. The units are enclosed and complete so no concrete and the lino is built in.

They are great. Easy to heat and to clean and very light and airy . Enjoy, and I am so glad for you.

Advertisement