Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newross

Options
  • 08-05-2018 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

What has happened with it down there last Sunday the amount of buildings that is boarded up is unreal, for once a thriving regional town cant believe how delepated its gone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mr Gumby

Easy answer the bridge and traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Another easy answer - Waterford city 15 mins away

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

What has happened with it down there last Sunday the amount of buildings that is boarded up is unreal, for once a thriving regional town cant believe how delepated its gone.

Rates, max 2 hours parking, gateway to Waterford, low incomes, online shopping etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭jimmyging

Did you go into town centre ? There is one pub on the quay that’s boarded up but the rest of the town is open for business , a few boarded up shops doesn’t make it any different than main town Ireland .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭HughCassidy

jimmyging wrote: »
    Did you go into town centre ? There is one pub on the quay that’s boarded up but the rest of the town is open for business , a few boarded up shops doesn’t make it any different than main town Ireland .

The whole place has decayed so badly, walked from the car park on the quay up as far as the Ross inn had a lovely coffee in the restaurant I think its Mary street loads of places closed up may be that's a problem people cant see its a pity because it was a booming place as I remember it that's not so long ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DefinitelyMarc

It's honestly doing way better than it was doing ten years ago.

We have a new swimming pool/gym/fitness center (Apex), the Quay has been completely revamped, the old swimming pool has been replaced with the new library park, Barrack Lane (A troubled area) has been completely replaced by aforementioned new park and we have new businesses along quay (Harveys, o' Farrell fitness, some knitting kind of shop). Honestly the only bad things I can remember happening in recent years is that Xtra Vision closed down (And it was the best place to get videogames/DVDs!).

What I'm trying to say is that if you think it's bad now, you should have seen it a decade ago :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Why was the old bridge demolished when the new one was built?
    Retaining it would surely have alleviated the traffic problems.

Advertisement