Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Masterchef Australia 2018

Options

Comments

Jenny was way over confident whole series as the vt would have us believe but she was a better cook over all vs many still there and not cooking today or who did and survived like Ben.

Both Jess and Ben could have it in them to do a Brent this year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Half way point - they had a nice promo for the second half of the season on the latest episode.
    Ben
    is a real contender now...

Was just coming to post the same after his efforts today. Brent all over again and good on him if he can pull it off. His is a good story.

I've never seen a more unappetising dish in the pressure test...

Looks like they are building up today's immunity challenge as a multi-pin winner.

With all the build-up, the pin was inevitable. Fair play though - the winning dish looked better!

• Advertisement

Delighted for
    Brendan
    popular re-entry I think. Was sorry to see
    Aldo
    go, was a good character.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Yayy my favourite. Was raging when they went. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Wow jess is a little lying bitch, blaming ginas choux pastry mix instead of owning up to her leaving the oven door open

Jesus what was Matt Preston wearing today? There is an unconscious clown somewhere near the masterchef studio who is down to his boxers....

Mr E wrote: »
    Jesus what was Matt Preston wearing today? There is an unconscious clown somewhere near the masterchef studio who is down to his boxers....
    Was waiting to see if someone commented on it and the similarity to the ice cream :)

• Advertisement

I think the right person went home this week, but
    Ben
    came close!

On to the top 10 now.... i'm guessing 4 weeks left?

Next week should be great.

Nice 10k prize for the top 10!

Sorry to see Sarah go, but she made a balls of that lovely looking curry.

Khanh was always going to have an uphill battle against a 2 Michelin star chef. :)

Prince Charles today.

Always think it's lame when their dishes have to tell a story and the canon camera stuff was lame to the max. Can't fault
    Brendan
    being sent home though sorry to see them go when there were a couple I thought weaker cooks not up for elimination.

Good one today. The winner of this week usually gets a pass into Finals Week.
    I wonder what the superpower is?

Enjoying this week so far. The challenges have all been entertaining. I thought
    Chloe
    had screwed herself yesterday. What a terrible looking plate of food.

Tonight's head to head battle looks like it will be very stressful. :o

Have parfaits gone out of style in Oz haven't seen a single one this year I think.

Probably a new rule in the contestants' contracts. :)

Good start to the new week. I thought Chloe's dish looked alright, but she was probably right to use the apron.

The best over all cook of the 3 got the boot there I think. Ben very lucky. Jess got lucky it was a sweet.

I want Sashi to win now !!!!

Hard to pick a winner out of who is left. They all have strengths and weaknesses. Not sure who is the most well rounded out of the 6 that are left. Maybe Reece?

• Advertisement

Yeah I like Sashi or Reece - there's the jinx on them now lol

Great to see Matt on this week!!

Chloe and Ben are the hangers on here I think flip a coin for the others to win I think. Chloe was quick to give up the super power. Jess and Sashi finale would be my ideal one. Savoury vs Sweet that really can cook savoury if she wants to.

Today's elimination could have gone any direction. The first two rounds were such a crapshoot but good fun to watch.

I think that one of the favourites went today though...

Finals week next week!

Mr E wrote: »

I think that one of the favourites went today though...

Finals week next week!
    Definitely! And the other 2 escaped by tasting stuff whereas the 2 best cooks had to actually cook - not explaining myself properly here!

Chloe and Ben dodged a serious bullet again, of the two Jess was the better cook by a long way. She can cook savoury but chooses not to. Reese has the out there stuff but isn't as good yet as he needed to be in MC like reynold etc.

Had the elimination spoiled for me by my phone today , had a google news notification pop up on my lock screen as I get several times a day on various things google know I'm interested in but this had the result in it :mad:

Hah! Exact same thing happened to me (about 2 hours ago). Feck sake. :)

And again, despite having told google yesterday I'm not interested in MC:A

:(

• Advertisement

Jesus, Sashi was a total disaster in that service challenge.

Khanh or Ben for the title.

Advertisement