Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alot of tax increase talk...

Options
13»

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim


    blanch152 wrote: »
    What point are you trying to make with this link?

    Is it something you agree with? Or is it something you disagree with?

    The LPT, as originally designed, operates in accordance with this principle. If Phibsboro, or anywhere else, sees prices rise faster than the rest of the city, then the LPT bill will also rise faster.

    Another question relates to another post you made about Renua's tax proposals. You said they no longer favour a flat tax. Is there any clarity on what they do favour?

    I totally agree with his point on a site value tax. Did you read the article? the below is also very much, worth a watch. The scum arent the vulture funds, its are our own government, pretending that they represent us... My mates many who have never been unemployed in their lives, early thirties, are f**cked with this crisis in Dublin! Its disgusting and maybe the FF minister was right, when he said FG were too egotistical to do anything about it!
    I highly recommend viewing the below "Real estate for ransom"

    https://youtu.be/XL3n59wC8kk

    I just went onto their page (Renua), they have a video from ages ago, with what they do propose, Ill try find it...

    https://www.facebook.com/renuairl/videos/943438245757653/

    They U turned on Flat rate tax, said it was way too radical for this country and they are right! the video is 40 minutes long, I will put it this way, they dont want to do anything drastic, other than make work pay and reward those contributing the most!


  • Registered Users Posts: 27,565 ✭✭✭✭blanch152


    Idbatterim wrote: »
    I totally agree with his point on a site value tax. Did you read the article? the below is also very much, worth a watch. The scum arent the vulture funds, its are our own government, pretending that they represent us... My mates many who have never been unemployed in their lives, early thirties, are f**cked with this crisis in Dublin! Its disgusting and maybe the FF minister was right, when he said FG were too egotistical to do anything about it!
    I highly recommend viewing the below "Real estate for ransom"

    https://youtu.be/XL3n59wC8kk

    I just went onto their page (Renua), they have a video from ages ago, with what they do propose, Ill try find it...

    https://www.facebook.com/renuairl/videos/943438245757653/

    They U turned on Flat rate tax, said it was way too radical for this country and they are right! the video is 40 minutes long, I will put it this way, they dont want to do anything drastic, other than make work pay and reward those contributing the most!


    In saying they want to make work pay and reward those contributing the most, those are platitudes unless they are backed up by hard policies. It is noticeable that the only time the taxpayer got anything back from the State was when the PDs were in power.

    On Dublin property, very few can live in the centre of London or Paris or Rome either. It is a price to pay for being a successful city. The problem is the lack of investment in public transport and the failure to build higher density housing.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim


    the housing crisis or "opportunity" if you are FG, is going to go from very, very bad, to extreme! Im sick of listening to Varadkar and Murphy "any year it will be alright now" ... eh, it wont...

    https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/generation-rent-locked-out-of-home-ownership-1.3464772?mode=amp


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian


    What needs to happen is half Government surpluses be spent on Debt repayment and the other half pumped into infrastructure only, new Motorways, New Railways in Dublin, Fibre to the Home broadband, Cull 50-100,000 useless public servents. Social Housing should not be a priority. What should be a priority is tax incentivise the building of new homes with emphasis on building tall in Dublin, there should be at least 100-200 highrisers built upto 50-70 floors high. Take the current city planners and fire the whole lot of them.


  • Registered Users Posts: 27,565 ✭✭✭✭blanch152


    Idbatterim wrote: »
    the housing crisis or "opportunity" if you are FG, is going to go from very, very bad, to extreme! Im sick of listening to Varadkar and Murphy "any year it will be alright now" ... eh, it wont...

    https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/generation-rent-locked-out-of-home-ownership-1.3464772?mode=amp

    When will people realise that not everyone can live within walking distance of their workplace.

    Two things need to happen:

    (1) The Dublin councils need to get their fingers out of their arses and approve high-rise high density housing in close proximity to public transport.

    (2) They need to build the Metro, electrify the Maynooth line, divert the Belfast and Dundalk trains to the Docklands and fix the signalling problems at Connolly.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim


    blanch152 wrote: »
    When will people realise that not everyone can live within walking distance of their workplace.

    Two things need to happen:

    (1) The Dublin councils need to get their fingers out of their arses and approve high-rise high density housing in close proximity to public transport.

    (2) They need to build the Metro, electrify the Maynooth line, divert the Belfast and Dundalk trains to the Docklands and fix the signalling problems at Connolly.
    Of course not everyone can. But a hell better f a lot more could have. Had we simply had rescinded heights... the docklands is comedy!


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave


    blanch152 wrote: »
    build the Metro, electrify the Maynooth line, divert the Belfast and Dundalk trains to the Docklands and fix the signalling problems at Connolly.


    Their is a thread on here about Iarnrod Eireann called "Unions warn of train strike as staff demand pay increase".

    They seem to be totally unable to run increased frequency on the DART for the last 2 years despite (1) having the drivers recruited and (2) having the rolling stock.


    So for your four suggestions I say "LOL, Christ.... Good luck with that" :pac::pac::pac:


  • Registered Users Posts: 27,565 ✭✭✭✭blanch152


    Idbatterim wrote: »
    Of course not everyone can. But a hell better f a lot more could have. Had we simply had rescinded heights... the docklands is comedy!

    That is down to the left-wing domination of Dublin City Council over the last decade.


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭Geuze


    Doltanian wrote: »
    What needs to happen is half Government surpluses be spent on Debt repayment and the other half pumped into infrastructure only, .

    Note that a fiscal surplus is determined after capital expenditure.

    So a surplus can't be spent on capital expenditure.


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers


    Geuze wrote: »
    Note that a fiscal surplus is determined after capital expenditure.

    So a surplus can't be spent on capital expenditure.
    It's also worth noting that the EU is basically begging us to increase capital expenditure and has been for a few years now.


  • Advertisement
Advertisement