Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Air to water heat pumps-advice welcome

Options
  • 01-04-2018 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,
    I’m considering installing an air to water heat pump in a new build to comply with part L and also because it seems like a sensible way to go. House will be approx. 2000sq ft.

A lot of discussion here seems to be slightly older and I know the technology has improved. Any opinions on the 2018 pumps? How do they work in our damp climate? I have read of issues with our high humidity levels in Ireland-that the unit spends a lot of time in defrost mode.
    Do they work ok with underfloor downstairs and the proper rads upstairs?
    I’d love if I could hear from people who actually have them in their house.
    Thank you.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement