Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Regular Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Corey Seager is out for the season due to needing TJ surgery. Big loss for the Dodgers

The Dodgers are in a tough spot. Turner injured, Seager gone for the season, Bellinger benched and Kershaw with an ERA over 5 and 8 eight games behind. Too early to write them off. But the mood music is grim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

ShyMets wrote: »

I was reading about that yesterday alright. It’s strange that within the one article it said at one point he was stumbling around the bar but later on says he wasn’t drinking. Either way, going from San Diego to LA after the team arrived wasn’t a very clever thing to do even if he wasn’t drinking. Page 6 is probably the equivalent of the Sun or Mirror though isn’t it?

I loved Sandy Alderson’s response when asked was he upset about the whole thing and he said he doesn’t get upset over things that didn’t surprise him.

I was reading about that yesterday alright. It’s strange that within the one article it said at one point he was stumbling around the bar but later on says he wasn’t drinking. Either way, going from San Diego to LA after the team arrived wasn’t a very clever thing to do even if he wasn’t drinking. Page 6 is probably the equivalent of the Sun or Mirror though isn’t it?

I loved Sandy Alderson’s response when asked was he upset about the whole thing and he said he doesn’t get upset over things that didn’t surprise him.

Seems like there trying to play the thing down, which is the sensible thing to do. Mets need to get a handle on Harvey or his final season with them could be car crash stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Page 6 is probably the equivalent of the Sun or Mirror though isn’t it?

Same idea - they're all Murdoch papers. Page 6 is tamer though, US newspapers are way more conservative vs. their UK counterparts.

• Advertisement

Seems like there trying to play the thing down, which is the sensible thing to do. Mets need to get a handle on Harvey or his final season with them could be car crash stuff

I wonder will he make it to September. I know he’s still adapting to being a reliever but he’s hardly been lights out so far. And I presume Swarzak will be back soon so a move will have to be made and I’d much prefer to keep Sewald than Harvey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I wonder will he make it to September. I know he’s still adapting to being a reliever but he’s hardly been lights out so far. And I presume Swarzak will be back soon so a move will have to be made and I’d much prefer to keep Sewald than Harvey.

Harvey gets demoted unless he adjusts tot he reliever role. He has has two solid outings as a reliever though, definitely a base to build on.

He has has two solid outings as a reliever though, definitely a base to build on.

Has he though? A HR in each of his first 2 outings and a double in the 3rd is hardly solid. And I think there was a walk in there somewhere too.

Harvey gets demoted unless he adjusts tot he reliever role. He has has two solid outings as a reliever though, definitely a base to build on.

What did you think of Harper’s comment on his ‘Triple A’ teammates? As usual, the press making a mountain out of an off the cuff comment molehill.

Much ado about nothing in relation to Harper's quotes. He was talking about the amount of injuries the Nats have had which is fair. Strasbourg's comments last week were a little more critical of the effort some players were putting in.

I think Harvey has 2 ER over 4 innings and has only given up 5 hits. That's not terrible. He is still adjusting to the role.

• Advertisement

Much ado about nothing in relation to Harper's quotes. He was talking about the amount of injuries the Nats have had which is fair. Strasbourg's comments last week were a little more critical of the effort some players were putting in.

I think Harvey has 2 ER over 4 innings and has only given up 5 hits. That's not terrible. He is still adjusting to the role.

I didn’t hear about Strasburg. Did it need to be said?

Has he though? A HR in each of his first 2 outings and a double in the 3rd is hardly solid. And I think there was a walk in there somewhere too.
    What did you think of Harper’s comment on his ‘Triple A’ teammates? As usual, the press making a mountain out of an off the cuff comment molehill.
    I didn’t hear about Strasburg. Did it need to be said?

Not really no, it was a bad loss though, in that it was a game that they had lots of chances. Nats stranded 10 on the bases over the game. What Stras said as well could have been misconstrued. The team just didnt hit well in big spots.

With the injuries we've had it hasnt been a disasterous start. I still like us to turn it around now.

So, these Dodgers huh. Not doing too well yet.
    I know it's early, but the D-Backs look good.

Dodgers seriously need to go on a big winning streak soon. Too many things not clicking.
    Kershaw has definitely passed his best. Since he got injured 2 years ago, his consistency has disappeared unfortunately.

So, these Dodgers huh. Not doing too well yet.
    I know it's early, but the D-Backs look good.

Dodgers seriously need to go on a big winning streak soon. Too many things not clicking.
    Kershaw has definitely passed his best. Since he got injured 2 years ago, his consistency has disappeared unfortunately.

Would have to disagree with your comments on Kershaw. One of the best pitchers in baseball over the last two years. Only Max has out gunned him over that period and Kershaw was majestic in the playoffs for the most part over the last two years.

Jacob DeGrom goes down with hyperextended elbow. MRI today. If bad, the Mets might as well not bother playing the rest of the season.

If he's gone for any extended time then that's us goosed. Had a look at the available Free Agent Starting Pitchers. R A Dicky and John Lackey look to be the best options. Neither is exactly inspiring

If he's gone for any extended time then that's us goosed. Had a look at the available Free Agent Starting Pitchers. R A Dicky and John Lackey look to be the best options. Neither is exactly inspiring

Lackey could do a job.

DeGrom is a special player though will be a massive loss if gone for the season.

Lackey could do a job.

DeGrom is a special player though will be a massive loss if gone for the season.

I blame it on him cutting his hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Joining the "I want the DH in the NL" chorus. How much bad happens to NL pitchers because they bat?
    Either both leagues get it, or neither. An experiment started when, 1970?, ought to have its results by now :)

Lose de Grom, well, that's very reminiscent of losing Syndegaard early last year and the balloon of expectations bursting. My guess is if there's no damage, it'll be 10 day DL till there's no soreness or tenderness. And we'll get Lugo back in the rotation.

Be nice if Vargas pitches well today.

Mets fans can come down off the ledge.

Looks like DeGrom dodged a bullet. No ligament damage and he says he’s going to try and start Monday.

Having said that, with the Mets medical staff’s history, his elbows actually hanging off and will be out for the rest of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Red Sox and Yankees 2 game series set for June 2019.. Been announced on Tuesday apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Red Sox and Yankees 2 game series set for June 2019.. Been announced on Tuesday apparently

Some more info here

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/23394047/mlb-announce-new-york-yankees-boston-red-sox-games-london

Igotadose wrote: »
    Be nice if Vargas pitches well today.

Ahem....

Sad to see him go and I'll miss his at-bats but probably the right move for a guy in his mind 40s. And we still have Bartolo.

$60,000 is a nice little earner for the guys at the bottom end of the roster.

Sad to see him go and I'll miss his at-bats but probably the right move for a guy in his mind 40s. And we still have Bartolo.

Yeah probably the right move. Just a pity he didn't get a proper send off.

Vargas having a total nightmare against the Braves

Just saw that James Paxton threw 16 strikeouts last night against the A's and only got a no decision.

• Advertisement

Add another 5 ERs that today!

Advertisement