Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Regular Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Zach Britton to the Yankees. That’s some bullpen they have now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭boccy23

Listened to the 9th inning of Mets game on Saturday where Chapman couldn't buy a strike. I assume he will get back on track but wouldn't be surprised if he has a mystery ailment for a 10 day DL stint in the near future.

boccy23 wrote: »
    Listened to the 9th inning of Mets game on Saturday where Chapman couldn't buy a strike. I assume he will get back on track but wouldn't be surprised if he has a mystery ailment for a 10 day DL stint in the near future.

That was awful by him. 11 balls in a row or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭spud06

Watched the first 3 innings of the yankees game last night. Tanaka looked unreal

spud06 wrote: »
    Watched the first 3 innings of the yankees game last night. Tanaka looked unreal

Just checked the box score. Complete game shut out with only 3 hits and one walk. Impressive stuff alright.

• Advertisement

Just checked the box score. Complete game shut out with only 3 hits and one walk. Impressive stuff alright.

I would say its the Rays AAA line up so a degree of caution needed. But he has been a bright spot in the Yanks rotation that is otherwise only average.

I see where Gary Sanchez has been DLed! Protecting him from the New York faithful?

Season starting to shape up nicely. Who do you guys fancy to win the world series at this stage. For me I think in the AL the yankees look good and although it pains me to say it considering im a rangers fan I think the Astros are going well. The NL is alot harder to call although I think the Dodgers and Cubs will be there or there abouts

And Boston strikes back by getting Eovaldi from the Rays.

Mad that one of these 2 is going to be in a one game playoff.

And as expected, Yoenis Cespedes to get heal surgery and is out for least 8-10 months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

And as expected, Yoenis Cespedes to get heal surgery and is out for least 8-10 months.

Knowing the Mets medical staff they'll probably bring him back early and end up banjaxing him for another 10 months:mad:

ShyMets wrote: »
    Knowing the Mets medical staff they'll probably bring him back early and end up banjaxing him for another 10 months:mad:

Don’t forget when it comes to Mets injury timeframes you have to factor in the multiplier.

8-10 months in Mets speak is actually 2 years in the real world.

Things are looking up though, series win yesterday*. First since May!

*does it count if it was against the Padres?

Strasburg to the DL again.

And Boston strikes back by getting Eovaldi from the Rays.

Mad that one of these 2 is going to be in a one game playoff.

JA Happ to the Yankees now too. Some arms race going on between those two teams

• Registered Users Posts: 13,330 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Aaron Judge out due to chipped bone in hand from HBP. Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

JA Happ to the Yankees now too. Some arms race going on between those two teams

Yep for sure.

I dont fancy either of them in a Series(playoffs) against the Astros at the moment though, regardless of what they are spending.

Cabrera traded to the Philies for RHP Franklyn Kilome. Everything I've read about this guy suggests he has potential.

Lets see how he pans out. But Mets front office looks like they've done a good job

ShyMets wrote: »
    Cabrera traded to the Philies for RHP Franklyn Kilome. Everything I've read about this guy suggests he has potential.

Lets see how he pans out. But Mets front office looks like they've done a good job

Well, compared to how well they usually do. Still, trading a regular for some guy that might someday make it to the majors... hardly anything to get excited about.

At least this clears some room for that rookie McNeil to see if he can perform at the MLB level, I suppose that's positive.

Igotadose wrote: »
    Well, compared to how well they usually do. Still, trading a regular for some guy that might someday make it to the majors... hardly anything to get excited about.

At least this clears some room for that rookie McNeil to see if he can perform at the MLB level, I suppose that's positive.

True. But I think Kilome might just be good enough to make an impact, given time and good coaching.

Looking forward to seeing McNeill. By all accounts he has real star potenial

• Advertisement

Cole Hamels to the cubs for 2 average pithcers at best and possible cash. Cant get my head around that one.As if we (the rangers) werent bad enough. The rotation just got a whole lot worse

Rougned Odor what a man. Just had the night of his life. Come on the rangers

Oh yeah baby....nothing better than sweeping the Astros in a 3 game series especially on there home turf. By the way apparently its the first time a team who had 18 or more strikeouts won the game

Hopefully this one is good enough to impress igotadose....!!!!

https://twitter.com/redsox/status/1023631744501796865?s=21

spud06 wrote: »
    Oh yeah baby....nothing better than sweeping the Astros in a 3 game series especially on there home turf. By the way apparently its the first time a team who had 18 or more strikeouts won the game

Cut the deficit to 22 games too!

Great line from Stogotz on the Dan LeBatard show today, "Sean Newcombe instead of dealing a no-no was dealt an oh-no'

Hopefully this one is good enough to impress igotadose....!!!!

https://twitter.com/redsox/status/1023631744501796865?s=21

Not bad, though the drama really was after the ball was in the glove, he ended up diving onto the warning track. This one's a better catch in some ways (though, the wall did make Bradley's a little harder)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLIdShmlk9k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Osuna is off to the Astros, guess he was damaged goods in Toronto. Apparently the only named played that Blue Jays are getting is Ken Giles who has struggled all year and was demoted to AAA. Bizarre trade if Blue Jays don't get any controllable prospects.

Osuna is off to the Astros, guess he was damaged goods in Toronto. Apparently the only named played that Blue Jays are getting is Ken Giles who has struggled all year and was demoted to AAA. Bizarre trade if Blue Jays don't get any controllable prospects.

Nice fresh arm for Houston when he finishes his suspension but am I right in thinking he can’t pitch in the playoffs as he’s serving an 80 game ban?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Nice fresh arm for Houston when he finishes his suspension but am I right in thinking he can’t pitch in the playoffs as he’s serving an 80 game ban?

No he can pitch in the playoffs as the suspension was drug related (I believe). He was only suspended for 75 games in any case. His court case hasn't been resolved yet (though it's unlikely it will involve any prison time).

Advertisement