Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heat pump question

• 01-04-2018 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi,

Apologies if this has been answered before but I searched and couldn't find an exact match. I am currently looking to buy a new build in a development with ~100 houses. The houses are fantastic but they come with 1 thing I am unsure of, the heat pumps. I am worried about these as I am afraid I won't be able to make the house warm enough. We are viewing the house for the first time on Friday and I would like to be able to ask questions around this but I know basically nothing (apart from my own reading about how they work). The spiel from the builder is as follows; Heating:
    - Dimplex Heat Pump
    - High Energy Efficient Thermostatic Controlled Radiators throughout the House
    - Each Room can be Individually Controlled
    - Dual Coil Water cylinder including Zoned Heating

Basically what does the above mean exactly?

Houses are roughly 1400 square ft and no UFH. Obviously new builds are A3 and designed to retain heat but am I making a mistake? The radiators worry me as I have read they work best with larger radiators and the temp never reaches "toasty"!
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement