Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

My fiancee embarrasses me in public?

2»

Comments

• I think I'd like an invite to the wedding, popcorn in hand. Sounds like it'll be a riot.

Me too. This is bound to be a day to remember.

• SazSarsh wrote: »
    Ok can I please have someone who will give me genuine answers on how the hell I can get him to stop this. That's all I want, advice, not a fight

You got it from several people already. Don't marry him. Can't teach an old dog new tricks etc.

But seriously, can I have an invite to the wedding. I'll bring a nice gift.

Ok can I please have someone who will give me genuine answers on how the hell I can get him to stop this. That's all I want, advice, not a fight

OP if you've already tried to talk to him about this and he hasn't accepted that it hurts you and continues to do it, I don't know what else you want people to say.

You can try to sit him down again and tell him in no uncertain terms how much you dislike when he does this and even if he thinks it's funny and messing, you don't and it really affects you. If he still won't take this, then honestly can you say that this is a man you want to spend your life with?

As for telling your parents stuff - come on that's hardly the grown up way to deal with it.

A couple of the examples you noted, I would have taken as messing (the comment to your parents about being drunk & the fart thing). Juvenile all right but messing and hardly overly damaging. The other examples though are going a bit too far.

Seriously if you can't discuss this with him and make him see how some of this does really hurt and affect you then how can you discuss the bigger items that are going to come your way in life?

Ok can I please have someone who will give me genuine answers on how the hell I can get him to stop this.

Ride his brother.

• Mod - I'm closing this thread. One, it's outside of the scope of this forum and two, it's become a bit of a train wreck to move elsewhere. I will discuss other mods. To those who reported the post - thanks. To those commenting on wind ups, moderation, etc, you're here long enough to use the report button.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement