Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underrated players

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

That's a lot of agreeing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

keane2097 wrote: »
    He is a baller. Serious big game player. First person to come to mind when I see 'underrated'.

This guy is a colossus. In my eyes the clear MVP on one of the greatest teams of all time, at least as far as outfield players are concerned. If Kerry are playing Dublin in an All Ireland final and I can pick one guy to be missing it's James McCarthy.

I would suggest that Paul Murphy is still underrated. The guy is mind-bogglingly good in every game.

As bad a dose of stockholm syndrome as I have seen :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

seligehgit wrote: »
    Murphy would probably be the first player to spring to mind for me.Immense player for Kerry every day out and I'd never have thought he'd be so with the physique he possesses.
    McCarthy is Dublin's MVP when it comes to those clutch moments when a tight game is in the balance.

He seems to particularly drive on when it's most needed.

I only think he's underrated in terms of a team that is laden with all time greats.

What team wouldn't give you their right arm to have a Brian Fenton in their team?

You can say that again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Jesus, is there an echo in here?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

danganabu wrote:
    You can say that again

danganabu wrote:
    You can say that again

The joys of the unofficial boards app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Rory beggan goal keeper for monaghan. Hasn't leaked a goal this league campaign. Very strategic kickouts, played sweeper against Kerry and good for at least 1 point a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Bonniedog wrote: »
    He has really started to come into his own and is holding his place. Was inclined a bit to put the head down and run into blind alleys, but is getting a lot cleverer in his use of the ball. Only really hitting the age now when forwards develop the guild and maturity to become even more effective.

On his day he seems almost unmarkable. Blinding pace and a very sweet strike on him. Annoyingly, he seems to be getting better and better too... more consistent anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

"Big Geoffrey" McGonagle who was a dual player for Derry in the late 90s and early 2000s. His brother managed Dublin ladies.

https://youtu.be/IEM8dwy0030?t=6m10s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Tipperary footballer Brian Fox. His work rate in every game is immense. Great brain for the game and intelligent use of the ball. Very unlucky not to win an All-Star 2 years ago when Tipp reached the semi-final, a game i'm still convinced they would have won if Stephen O'Brien had not committed to hurling that year.
    Any with a shade of luck they would have won it anyway.!!

Advertisement