Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bus Eireann Recruitment

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭moonship

gbob wrote: »
    Best of luck with it, personally I won't recommend working for BusEireann as the current working conditions are horrendous. I understand needs must be met and all but I'd sooner do anything else.

what do you mean? roster?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

moonship wrote: »
    what do you mean? roster?

12 hr days (and more sometimes), 2hrs45min unpaid breaks, split rest days, work an average of 2 out of 3 weekends, no overtime rates, no weekend or unsocial hrs rate, pay equalisation (if you do overtime, they throw in an 8hr day that pays 5hrs due to the 2.45 unpaid break), 9hr break between duties, more and more duties being implemented with breaks in the middle of nowhere without even basic toilet facilities.

If you were to ask at the interview about the above you'd be told that those things rarely happen, but it happens every day in every depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

gbob wrote: »
    12 hr days (and more sometimes), 2hrs45min unpaid breaks, split rest days, work an average of 2 out of 3 weekends, no overtime rates, no weekend or unsocial hrs rate, pay equalisation (if you do overtime, they throw in an 8hr day that pays 5hrs due to the 2.45 unpaid break), 9hr break between duties, more and more duties being implemented with breaks in the middle of nowhere without even basic toilet facilities.

If you were to ask at the interview about the above you'd be told that those things rarely happen, but it happens every day in every depot.

It's all relative... Going to be better than I'm at now. And money is going to be better than go ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

tuborg_man wrote: »
    It's all relative... Going to be better than I'm at now. And money is going to be better than go ahead

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's better paid than GA but for me it couldn't pay enough to put up with such a stressful job and having to deal with the conditions.

Like I said, I wish you all the best with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭firstlight

Done the interview and driving assessment a few weeks ago myself
    Was easy enough
    The buses are easy to drive
    Just the whole package was not for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

Ye I found it easy tbh. Bus had good miles on it but drove fine. No hardship with the drive.. Hardest thing was doing the normal Interview bull.

Ye, I know what you mean, Don't particularly like interviews, Not good at talking manure about myself
    Good experience doing it anyway

Have yous done the medicals?

No i got the form to go for one but the position is not for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

The buses the lads are driving for assesments are the Scania vehicles and are only twin axle

Their like driving cars if you ask me, it's when you get into the bigger yokes it becomes a bit more tricky

Very interesting that you said the job isint for you

If you don't mind my asking , why is it not for you ?

I'm very interested to hear an outsiders opinion that isint to slate us !

• Advertisement

The buses the lads are driving for assesments are the Scania vehicles and are only twin axle

Their like driving cars if you ask me, it's when you get into the bigger yokes it becomes a bit more tricky

Very interesting that you said the job isint for you

If you don't mind my asking , why is it not for you ?

I'm very interested to hear an outsiders opinion that isint to slate us !

Ye was a Scania alright
    Just feel with everything considered I prefer to have a social life than extra the money
    The way the shifts work I didn't like personally
    Was a few other things but i wouldnt mention them
    Will be a great job for some people just not for me

• Registered Users Posts: 19 steevem23

firstlight wrote: »
    Done the interview and driving assessment a few weeks ago myself
    Was easy enough
    The buses are easy to drive
    Just the whole package was not for me

Did you refuse the offer...

No, I was not offered anything
    Just to go for a medical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Tried again with Bus Eireann, same as last time, no joy just utter rejection :rolleyes:

Think of it as a blessing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Tried again with Bus Eireann, same as last time, no joy just utter rejection :rolleyes:

DB meant to be hiring in August

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭soundman45

If interested in bus driving give aircoach a try. The only problem there is its a 24hr operation but some guys there work nights full time to avoid the stress of traffic etc in the city. Money poor for the first 6 months but then rises rapidly even after the 6 months probation you would be on more than go ahead etc. Good clean work too as your customers are heading to/from airport no commuters etc. Top rates there are a match for what bus eireann offer but they are much better to work for in my opinion and I've driven for bus eireann in the past so you should consider it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭soundman45

It was a lifelong ambition :(

I'm in Cork doing tours until at least September, then I plan to head back home depending on what is there, DB was one I never applied to.

I'd have thought Aircoach was next to impossible to get into? I'd prefer the nights myself, less traffic on the road, passengers tend to sleep the longer distances, would suit me fine :cool:

Aircoach are looking for drivers. Will only take on experienced drivers for the blue coaches and are starting to train drivers for car parks now. Have done nights myself and prefer them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Aircoach drop experienced driver rules but you must stay for 2 years after getting a licence.

https://fora.ie/aircoach-driver-recruitment-4159046-Aug2018/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Aircoach drop experienced driver rules but you must stay for 2 years after getting a licence.

https://fora.ie/aircoach-driver-recruitment-4159046-Aug2018/

Probably similar to Go-Ahead Ireland's training indemnity bond, where the company takes a small amount of your weekly wage and if you're still there after two years, you get it back. If you leave before that, they get to keep it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Anyone any idea on starting wage? Interested if it's not uneconomical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

TallGlass wrote: »
    Anyone any idea on starting wage? Interested if it's not uneconomical.

I would imagine they pay the going rate which is somewhere around the 30-35k a year mark. Why don't you give them a ring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Stephen15 wrote: »
    I would imagine they pay the going rate which is somewhere around the 30-35k a year mark. Why don't you give them a ring?

Popped in an application. Was just wondering, wish they would just show it from the get go, so I know to apply for not.

Don't see me going anywhere only a learner permit that's about the most of it!

TallGlass wrote: »
    Popped in an application. Was just wondering, wish they would just show it from the get go, so I know to apply for not.

Don't see me going anywhere only a learner permit that's about the most of it!

Changed recently but I think it's around 17 euro an hour possibly 16 euro an hour

Personally in my eyes not worth it for the hours and jobs but there's something internal around the corner that I'm holding on for, another job in one of the sister companies that gets advertised internally first before to the public

But giving the interest internal it'll never be punished publicly, so that'll be me done with the place if I'm lucky to get it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Changed recently but I think it's around 17 euro an hour possibly 16 euro an hour

Personally in my eyes not worth it for the hours and jobs but there's something internal around the corner that I'm holding on for, another job in one of the sister companies that gets advertised internally first before to the public

But giving the interest internal it'll never be punished publicly, so that'll be me done with the place if I'm lucky to get it

Same here. Waiting. ;) I wish they would hurry along with it.

Same here. Waiting. ;) I wish they would hurry along with it.

Ooohhhh..... Hello friend :D

I was hoping this month it would go up. I reckon get it advertised and do all the exams before the end of year with hope of starting very early next year

But that's only speculating. It's been very quiet about it !

Ooohhhh..... Hello friend :D

I was hoping this month it would go up. I reckon get it advertised and do all the exams before the end of year with hope of starting very early next year

But that's only speculating. It's been very quiet about it !

So you all want to be train drivers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

• Advertisement
Advertisement