Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Horizon ITEC alarm out of control - alarm won't stop. Driving parents bananas

Options
  • 20-02-2018 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi readers,
    Have an old Horizon ITEC alarm and it started going off without warning, and won't stop. Unfortunately it's late now so I'll have to wait til morning to call an alarm person.

Boards user Evolution1 kinkdly suggested in a previous thread (link below) to:

power off the mains at the fuseboard. Then open the screw on the front right hand side. remove the battery clips and the fuse inside on the terminal block. close up the panel. After you've done this then you can turn the mains on at the fuseboard back on.
    the outside bell might sound at first but will stop after a while.

this website url /vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057412193

I've done this and at the time of writing I am waiting on the alarm to go off. If anyone has any other suggestion in case I should have done something else, I'd be grateful for any advice.

Also, long term, should I be looking at replacing the alarm?

Many thanks,
    Brian

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What type of bell box is outside?
    If its as old as the panel it could ring for days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Robocop

Hi KoolKid,
    Thanks for your message. The bell box is as old as the panel. You're right about the possibility of it ringing for days, or at least a til 9am this morning when an alarm guy had to replace it.

I wonder do modern alarms (say alarms made within the last 10 years) automatically switch off after a certain time. Hope so anyway!

Cheers,
    Brian

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes newer bells are 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Robocop

Good to know, thanks

Advertisement