Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Coach Red Cow to Dublin Airport

• 19-02-2018 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭

Is this service generally reliable?

Heading to the airport Friday morning and am on the red LUAS line at Suir Road.

My options are :
    LUAS to Point and pick up 747 or 757 there.

LUAS to Red Cow and Dublin Coach from there.

It will be about 8.00 am so my concern with option one is the cluster**** in College Green.

However, Dublin Coach is only once an hour, so if for any reason the 08.10 doesn’t run, I’ll be stranded..

Cheers for any opinions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Going to Point you also have the option of the Aircoach, so you'd have way more options. Sorry no idea how reliable the 810 Dublin Coach is. There is a thread about them elsewhere on here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭Allinall

thomasj wrote: »

Ah. That wasn’t clear from their website journey planner .

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Aoife_H89

Allinall wrote: »
    Is this service generally reliable?

Heading to the airport Friday morning and am on the red LUAS line at Suir Road.

My options are :
    LUAS to Point and pick up 747 or 757 there.

LUAS to Red Cow and Dublin Coach from there.

It will be about 8.00 am so my concern with option one is the cluster**** in College Green.

However, Dublin Coach is only once an hour, so if for any reason the 08.10 doesn’t run, I’ll be stranded..

Cheers for any opinions.

Perfectly reliable just make sure when your getting on the coach you ask if it is going directly to the Airport. As some of the coaches are heading to dundrum and the bus stop waiting areas aren't always clear.

Ive used this service a few times, its great !
    €5 from Redcow to airport no stops so at most is 20-25 mins !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Some surprising route options pop up using www.a-b.ie getting the Airport Hopper from Liffey Valley is another option

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I would go The Point route myself, you've got 2x Aircoach an hour and 747/757 on top of that and in my experience Dublin Coach would not be the most reliable way of doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭Allinall

devnull wrote: »
    I would go The Point route myself, you've got 2x Aircoach an hour and 747/757 on top of that and in my experience Dublin Coach would not be the most reliable way of doing it.

Cheers for that.

Think I’ll take that option and leave a little extra time for LUAS hold-ups .

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Almost missed a flight last year after being stuck on an AirCoach in the port tunnel for forty minutes due to a truck catching fire.

While it's obviously quite unlikely, I certainly would think again before traveling to the airport through the port tunnel in future.

I second the Airport Hopper service that operates via Liffey Valley. Have used it a few times and found it very handy.

As for Dublin Coach, I've been the victim of their unreliability too often to ever risk using them to catch a flight!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Resurrecting an old thread here but this route seems to have completely disappeared. I tried using it 3 times this year and the bus never showed up at all each time. Perhaps this has already been discussed on the main Dublin Coach thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭p_haugh

The 750 Route (Dundrum-Dublin Airport) is still suspended currently, however it was mentioned in the Dublin Airport Bus Service Changes thread that they're currently recruiting for this route on indeed, so it may be returning in the near future

• Advertisement
Advertisement