Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisheen House furniture collection

Options
  • 15-02-2018 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi. Recently answered an ad 3 weeks ago in a free sheet looking for unwanted furniture for Lisheen House (charity in skibbereen Cork for suicide prevention). I offered to donate 4 arm chairs (perfect) and was taken up on it immediately. I have since arranged 3 appointments for collection but each time their people never turned up. Yesterday I told them I was taking a half day from work to be there when they called ......no one turned up. Just wondering if anyone else has answered this ad and what were their experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not really a Consumer Issue. Moving to the Cork County forum

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭.red.

Their taking the p!ss.
    Ring SVP, tell them you need them gone over the weekend or their going to the dump. They'll be out to collect pretty quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mrn64

Jumped the gun here. Guy from Lisheen House called last night. Very impressed. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭.red.

mrn64 wrote: »
    Jumped the gun here. Guy from Lisheen House called last night. Very impressed. Fair play.

Very impressed that they failed to turn up on 3 occasions, one of which you took a half day from work to be there?
    I'd have told them whereto go after the 2nd no show.

Advertisement