Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thinking of joining MRSC for next season. Is it worth it and what kinda money can I s

• 23-01-2018 8:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Thinking of joining but only if it's financially beneficial for buys tickets to matches in Thomond Park

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Thinking of joining but only if it's financially beneficial for buys tickets to matches in Thomond Park

There's definitely a saving in buying the season ticket but you also contribute to the munster academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Mc Love wrote: »
    There's definitely a saving in buying the season ticket but you also contribute to the munster academy.

I presume you're talking about full membership... So the deal is you get a 25% saving on ticket vs match by match prices so the more expensive the ticket is the bigger the saving! The cost is an annual €50 a year membership

I got a season ticket with the 10 regular season thomond park matches in the West terrace for €235 including booking fees or €23.50 per game which I say is quite good... The non season breakdown of that is 6 tickets @€;20 + 4 tickets @€;30 (3 European + Leinster) usual match-by-match price is €240 plus whatever booking fees Ticketmaster charge which is probably €3 a game

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

You'll save on TM charges by buying individual match tickets through the MRSC. If you go to a few games a year the 30 euro associate membership pays for itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭phog

If you go to most matches then there's a saving and you can also get first dibs on tickets to knockout games, away games, some internationals and concerts held in TP or MP

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

You can also pay for the full package over 6 months at no extra cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wherearewe45

You'll save on TM charges by buying individual match tickets through the MRSC. If you go to a few games a year the 30 euro associate membership pays for itself.

Does associate membership cover early access to the big knockout games (would someone with associate membership have worse chance of getting tickets to Munster v Toulon that someone with full membership? I'm trying to discern which membership I'm best suited to as my only priority with membership would be access to tickets for games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Ask not what your supporters club can do for you, but what you can do for your supporters club.

Does associate membership cover early access to the big knockout games (would someone with associate membership have worse chance of getting tickets to Munster v Toulon that someone with full membership? I'm trying to discern which membership I'm best suited to as my only priority with membership would be access to tickets for games

Currently only full members are guaranteed a ticket to the Toulon game, but as it's a French team they'll send most of theirs back and associate members will be sorted.

The pecking order when tickets are scarce is 1) Full members with a season ticket for both Thomond Park and Musgrave Park, 2) Full members with a season ticket for either Thomond or Musgrave, 3) Associate members.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wherearewe45

I presume you're talking about full membership... So the deal is you get a 25% saving on ticket vs match by match prices so the more expensive the ticket is the bigger the saving! The cost is an annual €50 a year membership

I got a season ticket with the 10 regular season thomond park matches in the West terrace for €235 including booking fees or €23.50 per game which I say is quite good... The non season breakdown of that is 6 tickets ;‚¬20 + 4 tickets ;‚¬30 (3 European + Leinster) usual match-by-match price is €240 plus whatever booking fees Ticketmaster charge which is probably €3 a game

Currently only full members are guaranteed a ticket to the Toulon game, but as it's a French team they'll send most of theirs back and associate members will be sorted.

The pecking order when tickets are scarce is 1) Full members with a season ticket for both Thomond Park and Musgrave Park, 2) Full members with a season ticket for either Thomond or Musgrave, 3) Associate members.

I got a season ticket with the 10 regular season thomond park matches in the West terrace for €235 including booking fees or €23.50 per game which I say is quite good... The non season breakdown of that is 6 tickets ;‚¬20 + 4 tickets ;‚¬30 (3 European + Leinster) usual match-by-match price is €240 plus whatever booking fees Ticketmaster charge which is probably €3 a game

OK sorry but I've never gotten membership/season tickets for anything before so, just to be clear, season tickets and full/associate membership: is one required for the other?

Season tickets usually work out cheaper than match by match tickets but with associate membership I'm guessing the end cost is even cheaper, and cheaper again with full membership?

And then if I want tickets for additional games after using up my season tickets (or if I get season tickets without certain games/enough games I get a discount (and priority by being a full member)?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Ask not what your supporters club can do for you, but what you can do for your supporters club.

That's the Irish Supporters Club you are thinking of...

• Advertisement

OK sorry but I've never gotten membership/season tickets for anything before so, just to be clear, season tickets and full/associate membership: is one required for the other?

Season tickets usually work out cheaper than match by match tickets but with associate membership I'm guessing the end cost is even cheaper, and cheaper again with full membership?

And then if I want tickets for additional games after using up my season tickets (or if I get season tickets without certain games/enough games I get a discount (and priority by being a full member)?

http://www.mrsc.ie/membership/adult.php
    It's from last seasons renewals, but this season will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

When you join the MRSC it'll likely be as an associate member. There used to be a very limited number of full members with a multi-year waiting list, but these days it's much easier. If you're a full member, you have to buy some kind of season ticket (Limerick, Cork, or both).

The upside of being a full member is you're first in line for any tickets made available to the MRSC, especially if you have a combined season ticket. There probably isn't quite the demand there used to be, but home QFs and away knockout games in particular can have very small allocations, so it helps. You also can attend the AGMs and vote on MRSC matters.

The season ticket obviously only applies to 'regular' season game, not knockouts (since they can't know how far Munster will get at the start of the season). The discount you get is through the purchase of the season ticket. I don't know if you get any discount on any further tickets you buy, but probably not.

Advertisement