Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

wasps v ulster

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Head straight in the balls. Thats shocking technique.

• Administrators Posts: 53,335 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Worst tackle technique I’ve ever seen.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Wtf was he trying to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

awec wrote: »

I wonder did underfoot conditions contribute? If his foot went from under him, he may have gone at an angle he didn’t intend. Just a theory

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Another rubbish call. Ulster playing 16.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

How was that not a knock on. Shocking reffing

Edit: hit him on the nose lol

• Registered Users Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Darren Cave outpaced by a hooker?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

That was a great try all round. The move that brought Wasps into the 22 earlier was the best rugby of the day

Ulster have been shocking fielding kicks

Ulster have been absolutely crap this half.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Cant watch this s**t,......over to Munster....hopefully a little bit better!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Can't see Ulster getting anything from this game

• Registered Users Posts: 12,984 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Clegg wrote: »
    Darren Cave outpaced by a hooker?
    Sean Cronin is confused by your surprise. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Ulster's defensive alignment is absolutely brutal. You have to play with linespeed against Wasps and Ulster are completely on their heels, allowing Wasps sling it around them with ease.

At one point, Wasps had about 3 extra men out wide on about the second phase which just shouldn't happen. Ulster look almost apathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Scythica

not enjoying this one bit atm

Ulster desperately need halftime

We are dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭corny

So many individual mistakes.

If half the Ulster team were putting the shift in that Best is, they'd be out of sight. Ludik was having a fine game too before having to go off. Is he coming back?

That's a very patchy back line on the field now. I reckon Wasps will carve it open if Ulster don't own possession. I thought Darren Cave was a prop when I saw him in open play, has he packed on some weight?

Ludik failed his HIA and won't be back for the 2nd half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Said it before but I fancied Wasps to win this game, not sure why people were assuming and Ulster win. That's a great Wasps team, even if they are missing a few key players, playing at home. Were never going to roll over.

And Ulster have been Ulster recently, i.e more cold than hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Scythica

Patchwork backline.

This half will define the rest of our season, and I'm not optimistic about it

.ak wrote: »
    Said it before but I fancied Wasps to win this game, not sure why people were assuming and Ulster win. That's a great Wasps team, even if they are missing a few key players, playing at home. Were never going to roll over.

And Ulster have been Ulster recently, i.e more cold than hot.
    Because they're out.

And I'd seriously question the idea that it's a great Wasps team or even close to be honest. That pack is very, very ordinary even by Premiership standards.

Buer wrote: »
    Because they're out.

And I'd seriously question the idea that it's a great Wasps team or even close to be honest. That pack is very, very ordinary even by Premiership standards.

Who cares if they're out? They're playing at home. They're not a French side.

Player for player they're better than Ulster imo.

Wasps aren't that good. They've a dream back line but their pack is nothing special. We saw that when Leinster took them apart last season. The problem is Ulster don't have a good enough pack to squeeze them.

Clegg wrote: »
    Wasps aren't that good. They've a dream back line but their pack is nothing special. We saw that when Leinster took them apart last season. The problem is Ulster don't have a good enough pack to squeeze them.

They finished 2nd in a cracking final in England last year. They haven't fired this season but a lot of underestimating going on IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Sephiral

Ref not calling a maul when it was 3v3 for ages, then wasps player holding onto the ball so long that Henderson picked him off the ground and held him suspended in the air. Ulster are losing in the air, on the ground and in the set piece even without the ref not giving them a thing tho.

This is garbage

This is totally unacceptable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,984 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

We are dire.
    This is garbage