Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grantstown Park Waterford

• 20-01-2018 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

We are considering buying a house in Grantstown Park on the Dunmore Road in Waterford. Have heard mixed reports about the quality of the houses . Can anyone shed any light?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ATTY

Hi,

I'm probably not much help to you as I have never lived in these houses but from what I can remember Grantstown Park has two types of houses built a good few years apart. The houses at the front are older. I have only been in the newer houses at the back of the estate just after they were built and I remember them feeling very small with low ceilings. I think the house prices reflect this as the houses at the front are usually more expensive.

The person I know who lived there moved on so I can't comment on how they are holding up now but I'd imagine they are a quality reflective of the time they were built, especially with regards to insulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fenfoz

Hi,

I lived in grantstown park for 5 years. I originally rented a 4 bedroom house for 3 years and liked it so much that I ended up buying a 3 bedroom house on the same street. I have to say it is a lovely place to live and a nice quite estate with an active residents association.

As regards build quality I experienced no issues with either house. They are timber framed and I found them well insulated. In fact in both houses if you left the heating on for more then 2 hours the house would be too hot. Also the ceilings are not low in any of the houses they are standard height.

The OP is correct in saying there is a price difference between the front and back houses but this nothing to do with build quality. The reason for the price difference is because all the front houses are detached and are considerably larger. A 3 bedroom house in the front has 130 square meter footage as opposed to a 3 bedroom at the back has 76 square meter footage.

Advertisement