Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

What ICO's are you investing in ?

24

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭ Chancer3001


    IMO it's bullying by the state. Trying to run them out of the country.
    Good thing is , they can just leave


  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ Uncle Mclovin


    The Bad Crypto Podcast had an ICO spotlight on Caviar just a few days ago if anyone wants to listen.

    The speaker on Caviar's behalf wouldn't inspire confidence in the project. Just my opinion though.


  • Registered Users Posts: 13 divs007


    DasCoin (DSC) is the ICO I've invested in. Not open trading until end of April, but have been raising funds since early 2017. Great team behind them, big names in corporate industry, have physical offices in London, Las Vegas and Asia. The system itself offers KYC authentication, super fast transactions times of 6 seconds, capability of being accepted in 60 million merchants globally, fully secure and compliant. See https://dascoin.com/en for some information. Note, this is NOT DAS thats in Coinmarket.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭ Chancer3001


    The Bad Crypto Podcast had an ICO spotlight on Caviar just a few days ago if anyone wants to listen.

    The speaker on Caviar's behalf wouldn't inspire confidence in the project. Just my opinion though.

    Just wondering how he didn't inspire co fidence ?

    Haven't listened yet but will do.

    Listened to a caviar speaker on btcbusinessconsult and he was very good


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ Tinder Surprise


    Took a punt on Storiqa

    They're certainly not short on the marketing side if things that is for sure.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ Drumorig


    divs007 wrote: »
    DasCoin (DSC) is the ICO I've invested in. Not open trading until end of April, but have been raising funds since early 2017. Great team behind them, big names in corporate industry, have physical offices in London, Las Vegas and Asia. The system itself offers KYC authentication, super fast transactions times of 6 seconds, capability of being accepted in 60 million merchants globally, fully secure and compliant. See https://dascoin.com/en for some information. Note, this is NOT DAS thats in Coinmarket.
    That's not an ico, it's a ponzi, the money they are raising is paying the people who bought licenses.

    An ico will give you crypto, not promises.

    There is a thread in the investments and markets forum on it, page 2 I think.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭ Bigmac1euro


    Took a punt on Storiqa

    They're certainly not short on the marketing side if things that is for sure.

    I cant see how these guys are going to compete with the likes of Amazon, Ebay etc

    Although not the worst ico and seems to be a good team behind it. Some serious scams going on out there.


  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭ The Megaphone


    Yelnahs wrote: »
    Currently researching ArcBlock, token sign up starts tonight/tomorrow morning at 1 am our time

    Just wondering if you registered? - cutoff was Sunday!


  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ Radsky


    Seems like the only chance you have of making a lot from an ico is if they get listed on an exchange. How do you determine the likelihood of this happening on an ico?


  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ Yelnahs


    I actually didn't bother in the end... I'm sure I had a reason :|

    Bit of chatter about Medicalchain, might be worth looking at. It's exactly what Hospitals need (Also UK based)

    https://icobench.com/ico/medicalchain

    Edit after registering for more information: ICO registration closes on Jan the 30th and ICO token sales starts 1st of Feb.
    Edit again: $0.25 a token is a bit rich, this is probably a non-runner


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ lifeandtimes


    Radsky wrote: »
    Seems like the only chance you have of making a lot from an ico is if they get listed on an exchange. How do you determine the likelihood of this happening on an ico?

    Simple- DYOR


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ ZeroThreat


    Simple- DYOR

    You can't really research in advance which exchanges the tokens will be listed on, as they usually keep that secret until after the tokens are distributed and unlocked.

    For example Indahash were constantly promising they'd be listed on the 'major exchanges', then just before tokens became unlocked, they announced their listing on (s)hitBtc, even this seems to have fallen through and the tokens are only available on some new obscure exchange called Tidex.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ lifeandtimes


    ZeroThreat wrote: »
    You can't really research in advance which exchanges the tokens will be listed on, as they usually keep that secret until after the tokens are distributed and unlocked.

    For example Indahash were constantly promising they'd be listed on the 'major exchanges', then just before tokens became unlocked, they announced their listing on (s)hitBtc, even this seems to have fallen through and the tokens are only available on some new obscure exchange called Tidex.

    This is the quite I replied too
    Radsky wrote: »
    How do you determine the "LIKELIHOOD" of this happening on an ico?

    Radsky asked the likelihood of it. No one can guarantee a coin or token being listed on an exchange but thorough research about who is involved in the project, their past projects etc can give a decent "likelihood" of it being listed on an exchange. I do agree with you as it is all a guessing game but some are more likely than other


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭ Elessar


    Do all ICOs have to take your identity details?

    I'm interested in a few but don't feel good at all about giving scans of my personal documents to verify who I am. Often there is no privacy policy and neither do they give any indication of where the documents are stored or who has access to them. You're basically just giving all your details to randomers on the internet. A simple hack of their sites could lead to details of thousands of people being leaked or sold to the highest bidder.

    Has anyone here had to do it?


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭ grindle


    Elessar wrote: »
    Has anyone here had to do it?

    Yep, this is a bit of a new thing with ICOs but this is what government regulation or preemptive measures towards it brings.
    Governments want KYC in place and are putting us in the firing line for hacks.
    Governments obviously want us all to be safe though, definitely not just about tracking taxes. :rolleyes:


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭ dashcamdanny


    In a few hundred in Copytracks

    https://copytrack.io/


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭ SteelyDanJalapeno


    DADI.Cloud at 12 I think, anyone still investing in this or put off by the red flags around the Whitepaper?

    I'm personally going small with an aim to flip once it hits exchanges, Not much faith after the plagiarism but the hype around this still massive that there should be plenty of buyers that will be waiting on exchanges


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭ jon1981


    http://ponzicoin.co/home.html

    What you reckon lads? When do you think it may moon?


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭ grindle


    DADI.Cloud at 12 I think, anyone still investing in this or put off by the red flags around the Whitepaper?

    I'm personally going small with an aim to flip once it hits exchanges, Not much faith after the plagiarism but the hype around this still massive that there should be plenty of buyers that will be waiting on exchanges

    That was some shítshow right there!
    In a world where XRB copied sections of the BTC whitepaper and you have thoughtless mongoloids constantly screaming about BTC "brand heists" I wouldn't care about a 300 word paragraph being left in by accident. They have huge clients, good working history and a project with a wider scope than Sia.
    Sia is of course massively overvalued but it gives a good idea of what may happen


  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Dades


    DADI.Cloud at 12 I think, anyone still investing in this or put off by the red flags around the Whitepaper?

    I'm personally going small with an aim to flip once it hits exchanges, Not much faith after the plagiarism but the hype around this still massive that there should be plenty of buyers that will be waiting on exchanges
    I've just attempted to have a small flutter on this. Did my KYC a while back.

    Site crashed and my transaction is pending still. Lots of shouting going on in the Telegram channel. And someone posting lots of Asian ladies with no tops on.

    You don't see this much craic buying BOI shares.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭ SteelyDanJalapeno


    Dades wrote: »
    I've just attempted to have a small flutter on this. Did my KYC a while back.

    Site crashed and my transaction is pending still. Lots of shouting going on in the Telegram channel. And someone posting lots of Asian ladies with no tops on.

    You don't see this much craic buying BOI shares.

    I saw the boobies alright


  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Dades


    My transaction still listed as pending and a pinned Telegram post says SOLD OUT. I doubt I'll be getting any tokens.

    Still lots of shouting and Asian boobies.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ Tinder Surprise


    as of an hour ago the hard cap has been reached for the Storiqa ICO :)

    I have some coin in this one.

    https://crowdsale.storiqa.com/


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭ dashcamdanny


    I think this one is going to be massive. Real world use.

    https://www.hoardinvest.com/


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ ZeroThreat


    Yelnahs wrote: »
    I actually didn't bother in the end... I'm sure I had a reason :|

    Bit of chatter about Medicalchain, might be worth looking at. It's exactly what Hospitals need (Also UK based)

    https://icobench.com/ico/medicalchain

    Edit after registering for more information: ICO registration closes on Jan the 30th and ICO token sales starts 1st of Feb.
    Edit again: $0.25 a token is a bit rich, this is probably a non-runner

    I was considering this one, but the vast majority of the tokens were distributed (at varying discount levels) to pre ICO whitelist insiders (mainly in the health sector afaik).

    Only 16 million tokens are available and the eth equivalent of $5000 is the max allocation per person for the public ICO.

    At 10 AM on 1st Feb, their site will allow KYC details to be submitted via online form, but only the first 1000-2000 (not sure of exact number) to successfully send through their applications and have them approved will be eligible to buy tokens.

    Even if you get through to this stage you're not guaranteed to get your tokens, as there isn't enough of them to go around if everyone sends the max eth allowed, so Gas wars are expected - the moderators on their telegram channel were even telling people to spend as much gas as possible to ensure their funds get through early. :eek:


  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Dades


    ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Even if you get through to this stage you're not guaranteed to get your tokens, as there isn't enough of them to go around if everyone sends the max eth allowed, so Gas wars are expected - the moderators on their telegram channel were even telling people to spend as much gas as possible to ensure their funds get through early. :eek:
    That sounds exactly like what happened with the DADI sale this morning. Gas wars, and a lot of very unhappy punters.

    Won't that mean though if you actually manage to get some, that there will be a demand once it hits an exchange?


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ ZeroThreat


    Dades wrote: »
    That sounds exactly like what happened with the DADI sale this morning. Gas wars, and a lot of very unhappy punters.

    Won't that mean though if you actually manage to get some, that there will be a demand once it hits an exchange?

    They won't say what the discounts were for the pre-ICO stage though, so for all we know it may be lucrative for many to make a quick buck and dump their tokens.


  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭ lostboy75


    Dades wrote: »
    That sounds exactly like what happened with the DADI sale this morning. Gas wars, and a lot of very unhappy punters.

    Won't that mean though if you actually manage to get some, that there will be a demand once it hits an exchange?
    I tried to get in on Dadi, but it was a bloody mess. So much for the future of the internet, their site couldn't handle the volume


  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Dades


    Could be another case of being saved from ourselves by non-responsive websites.

    Won't be losing sleep over it.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭ Rumpy Pumpy


    jon1981 wrote: »
    http://ponzicoin.co/home.html

    What you reckon lads? When do you think it may moon?

    Great whitepaper and development team behind it. Some guys who worked for Amazon are meant to be involved. It’s a utility coin, so can see it being valued at 4 billion by the time it gets listed on binance. Then it will moon. Just hope the CEO tweets a bit more about it, so the value will go up. Expecting x1000 by the time the ICO closes.


Advertisement