Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Broadband Youghal town

Options
  • 14-01-2018 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Whats the best coverage for mobile broadband in the youghal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Anyone please.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Anyone please.....

All I know is you can get 4g with VF

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Stugots

Eir 4G works fine for me. Had some coverage problems in Ardmore, but never any issue sin Youghal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I'm getting 12 Mb/s (right now... it varies, but mostly 10+) with a 4G modem plugged into a router with 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Skedaddle

I find in most places around that area Eir works very well.

I have two phones, one on Eir and one on 3 and while 3 has good coverage in the sense that you often get a 4G signal it regularly has very poor speeds, whereas Eir's consistently good.

Just an example, I ran a speed test with Eir (4G)

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/31217450

Three (4G)

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/31217710

Vodafone's really good but, they're insanely expensive with low data caps.

Test it out with a prepay SIM if you're not sure exactly what the coverage is like in your area, but I wouldn't touch 3 with a bargepole myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 old sparky

I am using a 3 data Sim  it used to be good but now its hit and miss . Does anybody know the status  of  e fibre  service in Youghal ?.  was thinking of getting the landline switched on . to have this  . does anybody know if its worth it .? I am in cork hill area .be interested to hear opinions  I believe fiber to the pole (FTTP) is available  in that area .

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Stugots

I got eir fibre installed with phone and TV in strand area. My house is approx 400m from the cabinet.

Broadband service was great - 90Mbps download. Television service was awful - just generations behind Sky. Thankfully they upped their prices so I was able to exit the contract early without penalty. Now back with Sky for the whole lot. Same broadband performance, as you would expect. Price for 3 x SkyQ, + broadband , phone is 65 for frist 12 months, 115 thereafter (I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

A friend of mine lives in Seafield and has Eir efibre. His download speed is 75 to 85 mbits and eirsport and BT sport on his Skybox is glitch free.

Advertisement