Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Knockraha in the Summer

Options
  • 11-01-2018 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I asked over a year ago in another thread what Knockraha would be like to live in.
    Well we will be moving come the summer.

I have a quick couple of questions I'm sure I'll have more.

As Knockraha is quite elevated can you get saorview with a normal aeriel
    What is imagine LTE like in the area. Or is there alternative what speed do people get with a landline broadband.

Is the bus reliable enough I know its not very frequent.
    In rush hour traffic in the morning how long would it say take to get to Patrick Street.

Thanks for everyones help previously looking forward to moving.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

Psygnosis wrote: »
    Hi,
    I asked over a year ago in another thread what Knockraha would be like to live in.

What is imagine LTE like in the area. Or is there alternative what speed do people get with a landline broadband.

In rush hour traffic in the morning how long would it say take to get to Patrick Street.

Sorry for piggybacking on your post but I’m moving into new house in knockraha in 4-5 weeks,
    I’m also interested to know what imagine is like & speeds you can get
    Many thanks
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Guessing Mark we could be neighbors so. I rang Eir today as knockraha will be covered by fibre come q4 2018. I want to find out what speed broadband is now. Imagine is a 18 month contract. I'll be working from home so will more than likely have to go with imagine and pay for both for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

Guessing Mark we could be neighbors so. I rang Eir today as knockraha will be covered by fibre come q4 2018. I want to find out what speed broadband is now. Imagine is a 18 month contract. I'll be working from home so will more than likely have to go with imagine and pay for both for a while

Hi Psy,
    I would say we will be!-I’m number 23 in the new estate.
    My wife recently met a person at a work event who is living in the estate and works from here with no issues. My wife also works from home so it’s import for us also. I’ll be looking to start the process of getting set up soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Hi Mark,
    Yeah we are no 21. More than likely wont be down till the summer though. Moving from Dublin. Any idea if you can get saorview in the area. Was down last Monday for a look and the place looks really well. Can't wait to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 meeemsd

Sorry I'm not much help with the internet (we're with airwaves- I think its around 10mbps).

The bus runs Monday- Saturday at the following times: 7.15, 10.00, 14.00, 17.30, 19.00, which isn't so bad. It also runs from Glanmire (around 10 mins drive) every half hour mon-sat, on the hour on a sunday. There's no bus to/from Knockraha on a Sunday. The train station in Glounthaune is roughly 10 mins drive away also.

If you wanted to be in town for 8 in the morning you'd want to leave at around 7.15. Traffic can get quite bad if you don't leave in good time. When its not busy, 25-30 mins into the city.

If you've any more queries let me know, resident here for 20 yrs :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Big Eejit

I saw that older thread too at the time. I too want to piggyback this as I'm also heading there shortly - no 34 (Almost finished, nearly there).

Can't provide additional detail on the broadband, but am local to the area, so to speak, if you've any other queries. Mass times perhaps? ;)
    Hi,

Advertisement