Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Marijuana Stocks, legalities for Irish Investors?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Treppen wrote: »
    That's the easy part.... no comes the part where I usually mess up...

Sell or Hold?
    (I don't really have enough to do a bit of both)

What I will say is; Akerna constantly going up and down so its a volatility stock for sure. Personally I’m going to hold it a bit longer as it has gone higher that what is closed at last night. But do try to get out with whatever profit you’re comfortable taking!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

What I will say is; Akerna constantly going up and down so its a volatility stock for sure. Personally I’m going to hold it a bit longer as it has gone higher that what is closed at last night. But do try to get out with whatever profit you’re comfortable taking!

Ya I was so tempted to dump everything yesterday but held... Up all around again.

Ya I was so tempted to dump everything yesterday but held... Up all around again.

I wouldn’t blame you!! I thought it was going to be down today after yesterday’s highs. I’m up E1,300 on it so I’m being very greedy now... I’m also doing well with Aurora Cannabis.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I kept buying and selling over the last week, took my profits off the table every day. I'm still weary after waiting so long to get a return from hive.

Is there anything worth looking at, thought Tilary was a buy but I still reckoned it was overpriced on the fundamentals.

I wouldn’t blame you!! I thought it was going to be down today after yesterday’s highs. I’m up E1,300 on it so I’m being very greedy now... I’m also doing well with Aurora Cannabis.

Ya I wouldn't be a strong fan of Aurora as I was badly stung with promises of warehouses the size of cities (Aurora Sky anyone!).

After 2 years of being burned with trash investments I'm back in the green again... although I'd have to sell to make that true.:pac:

I think Medipharm might have a way to go yet.

Have to say Degiro are really taking the proverbial with their slow updates. Yahoo Finance is the most up to date.

• Advertisement

Ya I wouldn't be a strong fan of Aurora as I was badly stung with promises of warehouses the size of cities (Aurora Sky anyone!).

After 2 years of being burned with trash investments I'm back in the green again... although I'd have to sell to make that true.:pac:

I think Medipharm might have a way to go yet.

Have to say Degiro are really taking the proverbial with their slow updates. Yahoo Finance is the most up to date.

Cheers for the tip on Medipharm. But I really can’t more Companies to my portfolio! Its hard enough to watch 28; haha..

Aurora is constantly up and down. Their results are out in less than a week and from what I have read they nay be ok so I may hold on a bit longer there. Hopefully I don’t regret it!

Perhaps Akerna will break 10 today? Aurora Cannabis is flying also!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Sundial just keeps going, going to take profit now in the afternoon and swing trade it to something else.

Might be a good idea, these guys that come out of nowhere like sundial have yet to turn profit so have seen a pile on.

I got out of a few small players with the intention of getting in again when the pot stops boiling.

Although I think I'll stay with Medipharm.

Seriously.... Aphria, Tilray, Canopy ? Are they done yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Saw the below on twitter.

For anyone watching the $TLRY stock this past week don’t forget “each Aphria ( $APHA ) share will receive 0.8381 shares of Tilray.” At the current price of $59.95 $APHA shares will be worth $50.244 $APHA is currently worth $26.00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

I tried to invest in High Tide yesterday but it wasn't appearing available in Davy's portal. So I raised a customer service request with them to get it added. When I went in today, the stock was available but when I went to purchase, it have me a message saying to call Davy. So I rang them and they completed the trade for me.

I then get an email from Davy replying to my original query to add the stock to the portal saying they don't allow the trade of marijuana based securities.

Anyone had similar experience with them?

DeanAustin wrote: »
    I tried to invest in High Tide yesterday but it wasn't appearing available in Davy's portal. So I raised a customer service request with them to get it added. When I went in today, the stock was available but when I went to purchase, it have me a message saying to call Davy. So I rang them and they completed the trade for me.

I then get an email from Davy replying to my original query to add the stock to the portal saying they don't allow the trade of marijuana based securities.

Anyone had similar experience with them?

Never used them but sometimes with small players like High Tide it's high risk with very little financials to go on, you might be better off.

I just had a check for Canopy and Aphria and they have them in the search bar for Davy Select (I didn't log in though).

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Saw the below on twitter.

For anyone watching the $TLRY stock this past week don’t forget “each Aphria ( $APHA ) share will receive 0.8381 shares of Tilray.” At the current price of $59.95 $APHA shares will be worth $50.244 $APHA is currently worth $26.00

I sense a Reddit attack is imminent.:pac:

Never used them but sometimes with small players like High Tide it's high risk with very little financials to go on, you might be better off.

I just had a check for Canopy and Aphria and they have them in the search bar for Davy Select (I didn't log in though).

That's the thing though. They purchased the stock for me over the phone and I can see it in my portfolio. However, it looks like I can't trade it online.

That's the thing though. They purchased the stock for me over the phone and I can see it in my portfolio. However, it looks like I can't trade it online.

They're on Trading 212 if that's any good to you... doing really good by all accounts, but then again they all are.

If you can see it in your portfolio did you get it at the price when you purchased it over the phone?

Maybe it just takes a while. Do you want to sell your position?

They're on Trading 212 if that's any good to you... doing really good by all accounts, but then again they all are.

If you can see it in your portfolio did you get it at the price when you purchased it over the phone?

Maybe it just takes a while. Do you want to sell your position?

No, no intention of selling at this point. I'm expecting the price to go up over the next few years. I guess my concern is that Davy have bought the stock for me and are now effectively saying they shouldn't have. When I do want to sell in the future, will I have any problems?

No, no intention of selling at this point. I'm expecting the price to go up over the next few years. I guess my concern is that Davy have bought the stock for me and are now effectively saying they shouldn't have. When I do want to sell in the future, will I have any problems?

Dunno that's probably best for them to answer in an email.
    You could ask them if they will treat Jazz, Aphria Canopy/ Constellation in the same manner!

Dunno that's probably best for them to answer in an email.
    You could ask them if they will treat Jazz, Aphria Canopy/ Constellation in the same manner!

Ah don’t mention Jazz to me. Bought the dip in March and sold it for a decent profit at 120 and watched it go up another 30+% after that. Someone said on here that a monkey throwing darts would make money on the market...I wish I could find that monkey to make my decisions for me.

Thanks for the answers on this. Much appreciated.

Ah don’t mention Jazz to me. Bought the dip in March and sold it for a decent profit at 120 and watched it go up another 30+% after that. Someone said on here that a monkey throwing darts would make money on the market...I wish I could find that monkey to make my decisions for me.

Thanks for the answers on this. Much appreciated.

You think that's bad, I bought GameStop for 11 and sold for 15.... thinking I was Warren bleedin Buffet with me couple of euro profit lol.

Ok to me it looks like it's exit time.

Maybe keep Aphria and Medipharm if you got in at a good time in January.

I just about reached my break even point 6.80 in Organigram but still got out as they are also dropping fast. I'll be back in around the 3-4 mark if it comes up again. It would appear the interest is there in them.

I'm taking my lead off the Tilray & Canopy massive sudden drops. Sundial was another major pump and dump too so I expect that to drop like a stone.
    Who knows though, it could be a shakedown , I've seen that before too in Canada.

US legalisation is coming one way or another so, expect another rally based on good news or mergers.

• Advertisement

Ok to me it looks like it's exit time.

Maybe keep Aphria and Medipharm if you got in at a good time in January.

I just about reached my break even point 6.80 in Organigram but still got out as they are also dropping fast. I'll be back in around the 3-4 mark if it comes up again. It would appear the interest is there in them.

I'm taking my lead off the Tilray & Canopy massive sudden drops. Sundial was another major pump and dump too so I expect that to drop like a stone.
    Who knows though, it could be a shakedown , I've seen that before too.

US legalisation is coming one way or another so, expect another rally based on good news or mergers.

I got out of Aurora with a few hundred euro profit yesterday evening. Still in with Akerna though! May pick up some Organigram today if it keeps dropping...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭circadian

Yeah I just had to dump all my MJ stocks just now. Took a look at WSB and the top post was telling everyone to dump them so inevitably the price started tanking. Just glad I was around to spot it as I made a lot more than I would have by relying on my stop loss.

I got out of Aurora with a few hundred euro profit yesterday evening. Still in with Akerna though! May pick up some Organigram today if it keeps dropping...

Ya you've peeked my interest with Akerna, I got out with a profit but will also come back to it.

Don't forget ... Organigram are a relatively small operation so I expect it to go down a bit yet to bring it to a realistic market value based on revenues.

I'm holding off on Organigram for a little bit longer but maybe as a long-long play now is a good a time as any to get in!

Ya you've peeked my interest with Akerna, I got out with a profit but will also come back to it.

Don't forget ... Organigram are a relatively small operation so I expect it to go down a bit yet to bring it to a realistic market value based on revenues.

I'm holding off on Organigram for a little bit longer but maybe as a long-long play now is a good a time as any to get in!

Yesterday was the first time I heard of OrganiGram. actually. I was reading something which was saying long term its a lot better investment that’s Sundial. I’m sure Akerna will bounce back so I’m not too worried about it. My BEP with it is 5.15.

Yesterday Tilray analysis here, the chart guys are always good for the sector.

Organigram are still holding strong despite the pullback in the others, it might be just fomo Friday with people wanting in.
    I'd like to get back in around CA$4 but looking difficult.

Maybe they all have a bit more to fall next week.

Organigram are still holding strong despite the pullback in the others, it might be just fomo Friday with people wanting in.
    I'd like to get back in around CA$4 but looking difficult.

Maybe they all have a bit more to fall next week.

I’m surprised at how well it’s holding up today! I thought I bought them at a dip yesterday at 4.70... it tanked and I somehow managed to sell them then yesterday evening at 4.75!! Not ruling out going in again if it goes below 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Has any ones Cannabis stocks been restricted on certain platforms in Ireland.

Some Platforms No longer allow you to buy, but you can sell what you have.

Has any ones Cannabis stocks been restricted on certain platforms in Ireland.

Some Platforms No longer allow you to buy, but you can sell what you have.

Someone mentioned it in another thread. Think it was Davy.

They've no problem listing Jazz pharma or Constellation Brands (Coors) which have a controlling interest now!

I use Degiro which isn't Irish.

• Advertisement

Another little bit of a climb going on. Those lower buy-back-in points are getting more elusive.

Advertisement