Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation during Kinsale 7s

Options
  • 03-01-2018 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭

So perhaps a little foolishly I've left it until now to look into finding a room for this year's 7s festival in Kinsale (May bank holiday weekend) and perhaps not surprisingly, it seems that everywhere remotely close to the place is already fully booked out.

Are there any hidden / less well known places one might stay in or near Kinsale (I don't drive so would want to be fairly close or on a decent bus route, I hear some places have shuttle busses to the festival when it's on though?) and how much should I expect to pay as one person travelling alone for those two nights, the 4th and 5th of May (Friday and Saturday)? Anywhere that doesn't do online and would be worth contacting? Or if not, is there anything at all worth pursuing in terms of waiting around for people to have cancelled at the last minute?

Failing any of this, are there any campsites nearby? I have a feckin' epic tent, it's better than most as long as I can find the pump for it :p

This would be my first year bothering to head down to it after years of telling myself "next year I'll do it" hence the lateness, I honestly didn't expect it to already be so cutthroat given that the tickets are barely on sale :o Lesson learned for 2019 anyway, I'll book somewhere around Halloween of this year :D:D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Are you on your own/behalf of a group?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭.red.

There's a really good campsite out the road called Garretstown House, not sure you'd get from there to kinsale without a taxi tho.
    The airport hotels are worth a look. The bus to kinsale stops outside one and about a minute walk from the other. A taxi back at night would be about €20/30 tho at a guess. A lot of people stay there for the 7s and use a minibus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

if you're own your own message the club and ask would they mind if you posted on their facebook page youre looking for accommodation/to share.
    dont post the Heineken Kinsale 7s facebook !
    give the Dock pub at Castlepark a shout, there's holiday homes if you're in a group.

Are you playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Getting out of kinsale can hard enough late night re taxis and that or used to be a few years ago

Advertisement