Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Cars under Covers

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Henry Ford III

They'll disintergrate over time sadly. They really need to be indoors.

p.s. Their insurers (assuming they are on classic policies) normally insist on them being garaged.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Dades

p.s. Their insurers (assuming they are on classic policies) normally insist on them being garaged.
    What makes you say that? I've never had a policy insisting on a garage (and I had an SL!)

Garages are like hen's teeth in urban areas. Most that ever existed have been converted into living space.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Henry Ford III

Dades wrote:
    What makes you say that? I've never had a policy insisting on a garage (and I had an SL!)

Mine does AIG through First Ireland.

Previous one did too. Carol Nash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭ quenching

Mine does AIG through First Ireland.

Mine doesn't, also with AIG through First Ireland. I have a vague recollection though that Carol Nash wanted it garaged, so couldn't take out a policy with them. I've had my car in the driveway, covered maybe half the year, for the last 9 years and it hasn't made much difference at all. I think :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭ Duke O Smiley

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Dades

Probably reasonable to assume that different insurers have different rules. It might also depend on the area, availability of a driveway, or the value of the car itself.

Advertisement