Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Face Skincare - Recommendation

• 31-12-2017 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

I'm getting married in 4 months. I want to put in an effort to look my best. Can anyone recommend any good skin care products/brands? I'm good/average at using standard creams but I'd be happy to pay extra for something that was worth it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wetlandsboy

Jesper wrote: »
    I'm getting married in 4 months. I want to put in an effort to look my best. Can anyone recommend any good skin care products/brands? I'm good/average at using standard creams but I'd be happy to pay extra for something that was worth it.
    I find Clinique products to be very good. They have a SPF21 moisturizer that I use, which is very good. I also use their eye cream. Relatively pricy, but seemingly well regarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,070 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Stay clear of anything with SLS in it...was having problems and started buying this brand from Germany and have had no issues.. it's easy on the face http://www.speick.de/en/home.html
    Diet and sleep are probably the best thing you can do though, sleep especially.

Good shower gel http://www.speick.de/en/products/men/product/men-duschgel.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I use "the ordinary" products and cant fault them. Think of what you want before purchasing.

People like Caroline Hirons are very honest and well respected, have a look at her website cheat sheets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

I use dove soap and a regular steam room which seems to keep me free of blemishes.

Never used a moisturiser but maybe I should

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I use Clinique Max Hydrator moisturiser and I find it great. I have very dry skin and this really helps.
    In addition to that, use a facial wash daily,doesn't have to be a good one but I like the Ciinique face wash. Then once a week exfoliate with a scrub, again I use the clinique one.
    These products are on the expensive side but a little goes a long way. I have a skin condition so I dont mind spending a bit if it helps, particularly on my face. Clinique is fragrance free which is another reason I like it,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Stay clear of anything with SLS in it...was having problems and started buying this brand from Germany and have had no issues.. it's easy on the face http://www.speick.de/en/home.html
    Diet and sleep are probably the best thing you can do though, sleep especially.

Good shower gel http://www.speick.de/en/products/men/product/men-duschgel.html

I use clarins which I am beginning to get bored off. This looks interesting. Can I pick the above up anywhere in Ireland or just an online thing?

I'd agree though diet and sleep are absolutely crucial though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Obsessed with kiehls facial fuel moisturiser. Fantastic stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Lab Series is good.

Boots No7 Serum, Eye Cream and Moisturizer is also great

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭21Savage

Tiege Hanley.

I just use Boots face wash and moisturise. Use Nivea exfoliator once a week. I have a cleanser but not sure how often that should be used?
    My skin is good but never really get compliments on it or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭supue

+1 for the Clinique range, I tried a few others but this worked better with my skin (Nivea, Clarins and others felt greasy). Anything with SPF 21 is going to give protection from UVF which has an impact on skin ageing. Go into boots or BT and try a few samples maybe first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭thereality

I use "the ordinary" products and cant fault them. Think of what you want before purchasing.

+1 on the ordinary. The stuff is fraction of the price of Clinique, Estee Lauder etc. In fact, Estee Lauder the parent company of Clinique just bought a minority shareholding in the company. I think that tells you that Estee Lauder sees something in the brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I’ve recently switched to Laroche Posay Nutritic intense. I really like it and it’s half the price of the Clinique one I had been using. It does have a fragrance but I find it a pleasant one.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Never spent much but last few years have been buying the L'Oreal Mens Expert stuff and find it very good.

But I don't have much to compare it to. Maybe there's a lot better out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

you're all a bunch of sissy's

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

fryup wrote: »
    you're all a bunch of sissy's

He says frantically writing down brand names

Advertisement