Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broken tv

Options
  • 29-12-2017 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I bought a 50" smart tv from argos 6 days ago for a Christmas present unboxed it today turned it on screen was cracked took it to store they said nothing can do as he can see point of contact and no mark on box he was smiling as he waa saing this. Do i gave a leg to stand on or am i stuck with broken tv costing €450

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

Ask to see the manager if the guy you spoke to isn't the manager.

If he is, ask to speak to his manager. You can take a case in the small claims court if you don't get satisfaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 chrismrocky

exaisle wrote: »
    Ask to see the manager if the guy you spoke to isn't the manager.

If he is, ask to speak to his manager. You can take a case in the small claims court if you don't get satisfaction.

He was basically saying i broke it as was no mark on box.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

Does the crack look as if it was caused by the impact of a sharp object? A photo would help. Cracks can also be caused by dropping the box.

Advertisement