Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Medical card review online

• 19-12-2017 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I got a letter saying that I have been selected to review my medical card and I went to do it online and on the first part it says "Are you ordinarily resident in Ireland?" it says that this means "If you are coming to live in Ireland or returning here to live, you must satisfy the Health Service Executive (HSE) that you are “ordinarily resident” – that you are living in Ireland and intend to live here for at least one year." I have always lived in Ireland so I am not sure if I'm supposed to say yes or no here but I am guessing it is yes cause I am living here and will be for over a year.

Then it goes on to EU Entitlement and says "Please tick this box if you are applying under EU Regulations" and shows this message,

"Please tick this box if:
    You are ordinarily resident in Ireland
    You are insured under the social security legislation of another EU/EEA member state or Switzerland. This means you are receiving a Social Security Pension from that state or working and paying social insurance in that state and you are not subject to Irish Social Security Legislation.
    Do not tick this box if:
    You are receiving a contributory Irish social welfare payment or paying social insurance in the Republic of Ireland i.e. if you are subject to PRSI in the Irish state. This means you are subject to Irish Social Security Legislation."

I tick this box as I think I am an ordinarily resident in Ireland (not entirely sure what it means) and I say no to the following questions,

"Are you receiving a payment or income from another EU state?"
    "Are you a dependant of a person who is living in another EU/EEA member state or Switzerland?"

Then it says this message,

"You cannot proceed to apply for a medical card under EU Entitlement as you do not meet the criteria.
    If you wish to apply under financial grounds please untick the option ‘Please tick if you are applying under EU Regulations'

Can someone please help me, do I tick the box or not? Am I an ordinarily resident in Ireland? I have no idea what to do.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

As you have always lived in Ireland you are therefore not applying under EU Regulations which gives those residing here but receiving certain contributory payments from the relevant countries an entitlement to a medical card here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Egofirebird

Balagan wrote: »
    As you have always lived in Ireland you are therefore not applying under EU Regulations which gives those residing here but receiving certain contributory payments from the relevant countries an entitlement to a medical card here.

Thank you, does this mean I say no to being an ordinarily resident in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Thank you, does this mean I say no to being an ordinarily resident in Ireland?

You are ordinarily resident in Ireland so you tick that.

You are not applying under EU Regulations, so don't tick that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Egofirebird

Balagan wrote: »
    You are ordinarily resident in Ireland so you tick that.

You are not applying under EU Regulations, so don't tick that.

Okay, thank you for your help.

Advertisement