Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Clonakilty - No Car!

Options
  • 14-12-2017 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hello, not sure if this is the right place to post this but:

I've been offered a full time job in Clonakilty town but I don't have a car! My question is - can a person survive there without a car? I can cycle and have checked on google maps - it doesn't take long to walk from one end of the town to the other.

I have been there as a kid for holidays with my nana and have good memories but would love to hear what it's like to live there on a day to day basis.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

First to admit I don't live in Clon but have been a regular visitor for years. Personally I think you would be fine without a car. The town is small enough to cycle around, has large supermarkets, shops, and a bus service to Cork. Slightly off topic but it is a beautiful place and somewhere I could definitely live.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I live there and you can get by without a car but accommodation is scarce and scarcer still if limited to easy walking distance of the town.

Advertisement